Hello all,

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

My name is Michael and I am new to site/forum and airsoft all together. I have heard of airsoft years ago from an old skate buddy but not thought much of it. I wasn't really into anything like it at the time and didnt look into any futher. Since then I have gotten a lot into competitive Call of Duty and thought airsoft would be somethig that would interest me. I know going from competitive video gaming to actual skrims or CQB is a massive jump but I now really want to gibe it a try.

I live in a small village just outside Bristol so I will be looking into going to Bristol Airsoft in the city centre soon but I wanted to join an active forum to learn a bit more from people who have been doing the sport for a while and from people who have been to Bristol Airsoft.

I have a few questions to ask if that is okay and they are.

1. Is it possible to play with googles or eye protection that will fit over my glasses? I ask this because I struggle with contact lenses as my eyes and my fingers dont want to work together when I put them in.

2. Do I have to buy my own gear right away or can I rent stuff when I got to centres to play airsoft?

3. This question is more for people who have been to Bristol Airsoft. What day and time is best to go as I am a complete newbie and I dont want to be turning up on a day when its all pros and im getting in the way.

I think thats all for now.

Mike

• Supporters

Yes you can get goggles and masks that go over goggles, cant advise which ones are best as I don't wear glasses but sure someone on here can recommend something.

You are better off renting for your first few games.

Go along to any open days you like. The words Pro and airsofter together is an oxymoron, the best players usually don't claim to be and those that do are usually crap.

Go along have fun and don't mention COD as codsofters are like the chavs of airsoft.

Thank you for the advice, I will pop along soon to an open day or bristol airsoft to see what its like.

I thought menation COD would have been a bad idea at an event lol.

Its nice to know there is stuff to ancomadate us poor sighted people like me. I will have a small gander over ebay and the airsoft shops online to see what is avaible.

Thank you again

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'm a glasses wearer and thought I was doomed when I came to picking eye protection.

However my salvation has come from a set of JT Flex 8 goggles with some fans installed in the top.

Played at EAG Dorking at the weekend. Blazing hot day and running around like q loon. And not smidge of fog on glasses or goggles. Very impressed.

I'm a glasses wearer and thought I was doomed when I came to picking eye protection.

However my salvation has come from a set of JT Flex 8 goggles with some fans installed in the top.

Played at EAG Dorking at the weekend. Blazing hot day and running around like q loon. And not smidge of fog on glasses or goggles. Very impressed.

Thank you for replying. I will look into them so I know what I am looking at when i decide to buy some of my own gear.

Archived