What Next?

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so I'm pretty new to airsoft. I got my 1st entry level gun back in February. (G&G CM16 MOD 0) and I've got things like a tactical vest and the best essentials. But now I don't really know what to do next. I still need to get camo pants and top. (I'm still running a hoodie and jeans) I also think that I need more mags for my m4. Only have 2. I also want to upgrade/get new eye pro as I'm not happy with mine. I am interested in getting a sidearm but it's not really at all necessary. And finally I want to get a red dot or something for my m4 and maybe a grip aswell.

Gas Blowback Pistol; It will be more useful than camo, that's if you have practical clothing already. Remember, many of us use camo because the repro stuff is practical and cheap, if you think hoodie and jeans are practical, get something else. :)

Are your M4 magazines hi-crap? If so, you might want to consider getting 4 or more 100rd+ mid caps.

Alternatively, you could buy your dream gun, and sell your G&G.

Gas Blowback Pistol

Alternatively, you could buy your dream gun, and sell your G&G.

Unless the sites that he goes to among the very few not running the bang rule crap, pistol will be fairly redundant. The last option would make the most sense.

With autumn and winter just round the corner I'd consider a good pair of boots and a jacket.

Not as sexy as a blinged out pistol or the accessories that some seem to attach to their M4s but you'll be glad you did come October.

CBH

If you are happy with your gun then I'd get some cammo (like someone already said include a warm and water proof jacket ) and some eye pro your happy with. as for mags if you keep running out mid game then yes get some more lol. Pistols are fun but not needed so only really spend on these if you have the cash spare same goes for sights

all you need is eye protection, primary weapon and decent foot wear along with camo's,, camo is an absolute must! unless you like being seen/shot at first..you don't need to be spending £100's on camo clothing , military surplus shops on ebay have ex army camo clothing posted from £7.00!! take a look...

• Supporters

all you need is eye protection, primary weapon and decent foot wear along with camo's,, camo is an absolute must! unless you like being seen/shot at first..you don't need to be spending £100's on camo clothing , military surplus shops on ebay have ex army camo clothing posted from £7.00!! take a look...

No you dont need camo it's not a must at all. At airsoft ranges its basically useless unless the opposition are all half blind.

Camo is a case of personal choice.

Worse bit of advice ever.

haha "worst advice ever!" abit OTT , if your going down this route then all you actually need is boots and eye protection but have fun with that..., its all a matter of opinion and idd rather be rocking up to a woodland site wearing camos then jeans n hoodie...

You answered your own question..

You said your not happy with your eye pro situation, so sort it out!.. having comfortable usable eye pro is essential. You also mentioned maybe more mags so if you find your running out during a game then bag a couple more..

I wouldnt ask advise on what to buy next as everyone will prioritize different things (I started out with a pistol first, reading 100 threads people suggest pistols last or not at all) I suggest you buy what you feel you NEED or feel you could do with next.

Id look on fleabay for gun bling such as a scope/grip etc and start off cheap/simple and then pimp out your gun with better quality stuff when you are able, currently running a el cheapo £5 grip on my primary for about a year now with no drama.

Unless the sites that he goes to among the very few not running the bang rule crap, pistol will be fairly redundant.

Care to explain in a little more detail, I don't understand what 'the bang rule' has to do with pistols.

No you dont need camo it's not a must at all. At airsoft ranges its basically useless unless the opposition are all half blind.

Camo is a case of personal choice.

Worse bit of advice ever.

There have been plenty of discussions regarding the usefulness of camo in airsoft and indeed a lot of people voice opinions similar to yours. It is not witout merit to some exent: indeed, even ghillie suit will not conceal you if you are speedsofting as the natural occurrence of running, huffing and puffing bushes is so rare, that you would draw not only the attention of fellow airsofters but also botanists and (perhaps) exorcists. When you are aware of your surroundings (light and shadows), move cautiously and use the camouflage pattern adequate to the environment, you will be able to conceal your presence even to players 5m away from you - been there, done that, in a modest "wz 93" Polish camo.

But I also remember one game in Herfordshire woodland in summer, when I managed to take out several times one persistent "DMR operator" who was wearing multicam, tan cap and same webbing and was trodding back from the respawn to exactly the same spot in hope of taking me down.

I daresay that after that experience, he is in the "camo doesn't work in airsoft" camp. Because HIS didn't. <_<

Care to explain in a little more detail, I don't understand what 'the bang rule' has to do with pistols.

Sites which don't maintain a bang rule for inside of 5 metres will usually require the player to transition to a sidearm with a sub 1J potential energy, semi auto operation. If a site instead runs a bang rule in that situation, the sidearm is completely redundant.

• Supporters

Sites which don't maintain a bang rule for inside of 5 metres will usually require the player to transition to a sidearm with a sub 1J potential energy, semi auto operation. If a site instead runs a bang rule in that situation, the sidearm is completely redundant.

Bang rule is the most stupid thing in airsoft. Someone saying bang is pointless, they might not even have any rounds in the gun and and I have seen people miss from 5ft let alone 5mtrs. Any site that uses it should he boycotted.

Never heard of any site say you have to use a pistol within 5mtrs, which sites do you know that have that rule?

The sites I have been to usually put this in place although it's more of a suggestion than a rule

Treat others as you would like to be treated - but only when it costs you nothing? :)

I generally operate this way myself, pistols are fun, but I usually only use it to hurt others less or if I'm due a reload on my primary.

Ty for the elaboration kiwi.

• Supporters

Treat others as you would like to be treated - but only when it costs you nothing? :)

I like to be shot because then I know it counts. Don't care what they use but if someone says bang then I will say f*ck off.

Never understood why in a contact game people have to be so wussy. Anyone who has issues in how close and what not should take up knitting or man up.

Not advocating over shooting anyone but a couple of bbs up close and personal never hurt anyone.

I like to be shot because then I know it counts. Don't care what they use but if someone says bang then I will say f*ck off.

Never understood why in a contact game people have to be so wussy. Anyone who has issues in how close and what not should take up knitting or man up.

Not advocating over shooting anyone but a couple of bbs up close and personal never hurt anyone.

Despite how I phrased that, I actually operate under that scheme myself.

• Supporters

Despite how I phrased that, I actually operate under that scheme myself.

Best way.

Simple fact is I regularly play games where we are all using guns shooting 400+fps and never got worse than a bleeder but got my little finger busted by someone using a springer shottie.

Its luck of the draw more than anything.

• Supporters

I too am of the opinion that the bang rule is bullshit.

Lost count of the amount of times I've had people run into a room shouting bang and expecting me to take a hit even though they weren't even pointing their gun at me... Seriously, GTFO.

I have had a number of occasions where someone's had me dead to rights and has offered me the opportunity to call myself out rather than take one to the face at close range.

One of those situations is using the 'rules' to attempt to gain an unfair advantage or to compensate for a lack of ability. One of them is just being a decent human being.

I have occasionally done what the americans call "parley", never call it that though, usually in situations in which I walked into an opposing player, and rather than matrix it out, I say "lets both go back 10m, re-engage as soon as out of sight". I've noticed some US sites have prohibited engagement distances of 5m.

I have had a number of occasions where someone's had me dead to rights and has offered me the opportunity to call myself out rather than take one to the face at close range.

One of those situations is using the 'rules' to attempt to gain an unfair advantage or to compensate for a lack of ability. One of them is just being a decent human being.

i tryed this on a guy last week , backfired on me, my fualt i guess, i popped up over the top on a hill i was keeping and all i could see was his bald head infront of me sticking out the bushs 4m's away , my gun aimed directly for him for atleast 2 seconds before he knew i was there , i said surrender and he started shooting at me , he clearly saw that i had the drop on him .., i said "m8 i could of shot you in the head but i didnt " nothing came of it and he just ignored it , so i backed off and flanked him , think he liked that bush to much , had another one towards the end of the game where all that was sticking out over the sand bags was his gun, bare neck and head, didnt think twice about out , from now on there getting shot , some people are fine with surrendering and taking it , others are a little slow to realise your doing them a favour ....

i tryed this on a guy last week , backfired on me, my fualt i guess, i popped up over the top on a hill i was keeping and all i could see was his bald head infront of me sticking out the bushs 4m's away , my gun aimed directly for him for atleast 2 seconds before he knew i was there , i said surrender and he started shooting at me , he clearly saw that i had the drop on him .., i said "m8 i could of shot you in the head but i didnt " nothing came of it and he just ignored it , so i backed off and flanked him , think he liked that bush to much , had another one towards the end of the game where all that was sticking out over the sand bags was his gun, bare neck and head, didnt think twice about out , from now on there getting shot , some people are fine with surrendering and taking it , others are a little slow to realise your doing them a favour ....

You can't be serious; 4m at a dinnerplate sized target? I'm not saying you can't be that accurate out on the range of course, but that's a bit too far to be surrendering people even ADS but especially as such a small target.

Changing your general tactics because a few people didn't believe you could be accurate at that range is a bit harsh.

I didn't exactly get the tape measure out but it was close enough that It made me think that I shouldn't shoot him I the head, but yea I get your point and agree about surrendering people at 4M's this was just one of them situations tho, I was being too thoughtful!

Archived