Redline SFR Reg UFA + Dye Proto Tank don't fit?

Shizbazki
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok so recently i got all my HPA stuff from BeeSting airsoft, this included the reg and tank listed below:

Regulator:

Redline Airsoft SFR Regulator, this had attached to it a UFA adaptor which normally is the part (i presume) that attaches to the tank

Tank:

Dye Proto 48/3000 HPA Tank which has a tank regulator already attached.

So on getting the tank and reg i tried to screw the reg on to the tank but about a half to full turn in the reg get very very tight to continue screwing on, i could probably only go about 3 twists before it gets difficult to go any further.

On unscrewing the whole thing it appears that the screw threads have been chewing each other.

Is there something im doing wrong? I have made every effort to ensure that the screw threads line up, they look the same size and i though the UFA where universal as their name suggests?

• Root Admin

Yeh, that's the part the connects to the tank. One thing you should insure is the cap on the UFA is unscrewed enough that it won't depress on the tank regulator as you screw it in, or that resistance can be enough to throw the threads out of whack.

Are you absolutely certain you didn't cross thread them though? It's ridiculously easy to do with HPA tanks. If not, speak to Redline themselves as they have amazing support: http://www.redlineairsoft.com/index.php/contact-page - tell them you're having a compatibility issue and they'll look into it.

I know the very early SFRs had some tolerance issues with the new UFA, but they fixed those quickly and I don't think that batch even made it to the UK. It's unlikely but possible you've got one of those.

• Supporters

Hi

I have removed the red cap from the SFR also there is no air under pressure in the tank as it is empty.

I ensured the threads were on correctly as i normally back the thread anti clockwise until i feel the click as the threads line up and then begin turning clockwise to tighten, i will add that as i turn you can hear a squeaking noise as the threads i think don't line up properly.

Worse case scenario i will go on to the many (cough splutter) paintball sites and buy a Geurilla (First Strike) or Ninja tank which fingers crossed should be compatible.

• Root Admin

Guerrilla and Ninja are certainly compatible as I have Guerrilla tanks (and so tested with their G3 Myth reg) and then switched the tank regs over to Ninja Pro V2s. Can confirm both working with the SFR.

Speak to Redline first though.

• Supporters

I have contacted both Beesting and Redline around 1300Hrs (time is important here)

As usual Beesting have used their world renowned replying service of not getting back to me at all.

Redline on the other hand got back to me within 30mins (despite it being around 6am in Wisconsin when i emailed them), they stated the UFA issues you mentioned where a small batch was too tight to fit tanks and so offered that either I send them in the regulator or that they would ship to me a new UFA, I explained that being UK based and fairly competent (i hope lol) I would rather they ship the UFA to me.

By then end of today they stated that they shipped one out to me at no extra cost :D

And that Beesting is how you do customer service, hopefully the UFA should be here in a few days and ill post back :)

I have contacted both Beesting and Redline around 1300Hrs (time is important here)

As usual Beesting have used their world renowned replying service of not getting back to me at all.

Redline on the other hand got back to me within 30mins (despite it being around 6am in Wisconsin when i emailed them), they stated the UFA issues you mentioned where a small batch was too tight to fit tanks and so offered that either I send them in the regulator or that they would ship to me a new UFA, I explained that being UK based and fairly competent (i hope lol) I would rather they ship the UFA to me.

By then end of today they stated that they shipped one out to me at no extra cost :D

And that Beesting is how you do customer service, hopefully the UFA should be here in a few days and ill post back :)

One would hope they would also get in touch with their distributors and track down this issue. :)

• Root Admin

This is one of the reasons people should pay the extra dosh for Redline products and maybe reconsider that £20-30 they save from getting that cheap re-branded industrial regulator. Probably the best support I've ever seen for airsoft products frankly.

• Supporters

Well Redline came through and sent me the new UFA which fits hurrah

Archived