Jing Gong G3 SG1 - downgrade spring specs

AndyGif290368
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi, placed an order for one of these last night from Taiwangun, they are reduced at a price at the moment.

Now if this gun is anything like the specs say it is, 418fps out of the box, it's going to be over the top for my intended battlefield skirmish site

which says 350fps for full auto AEG's. What spring should i be looking at to replace the stock one with?

Back when i skirmished in the days before UKARA and VCRA, my old TM SG1 struggled to make 300fps on a m100.

cheers

Andy

• Supporters

They do free downgrade both at TaiwanGun and GunFire

so send them email and they downgrade for free - pretty sure they still do free downgrade

yup they still downgrade for free

this the gun:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/jg101-t3-ras-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

if that has a 510mm barrel you will need a m100 or less - maybe a proper m90/95 spring as you will very very likely get creep on longer barrels

Sp00n had to use a m95 in his L85/R85 to keep it below limits & than has a 510mm in there but has a longer cylinder/gearbox

but the cylinder is ported on that so you should be about the same....

you will need full stroke very good seals though coz that barrel is pushing it for volume according to charts & maths stuff

(if you ever correct AoE I'd suggest partially correct if you understand)

if you got another model then ignore the above long barrel voluming crap

but they can downgrade free probably with a m100 spring max I'd say

if that is still too low then it is a leak somewhere on that gun

No it's not the RAS its the SG1.

I totally missed the free downgrade option and already had the "can't change order" when I wrote the posting.

I've got a TM G3 SAS that alledgely shoots too hot for cqb, 340fps, not had that on the chrono yet to confirm. So perhaps i'll put the spring from that in the JG G3 and get an M85/90 to go in the SAS.

• Supporters

No it's not the RAS its the SG1.

I totally missed the free downgrade option and already had the "can't change order" when I wrote the posting.

I've got a TM G3 SAS that alledgely shoots too hot for cqb, 340fps, not had that on the chrono yet to confirm. So perhaps i'll put the spring from that in the JG G3 and get an M85/90 to go in the SAS.

The SAS one is a 250mm barrel or something ???

normally TM's won't be too hot/high I would of thought

but not got any proper high end stuff so can't say for sure

what barrel is your other JG you ordered ???

if a gun is slightly too hot then correct AoE - that will drop 10fps aprox

but if you install that 340fps spring from a shorter barrel into a much longer barrel gun you will very likely get a higher fps or creep

hopefully the TM will be fine as they are best left alone is all I know

the JG - well have to wait n see what barrel & fps she comes in at

but you might need the lower spring in a longer JG than the TM I would of thought

The JG blurb says it's 510mm. http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/jg098-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

As for the SAS, the previous owner but a tight bore barrel and a 1j spring. The Pepsi can chrono from 20 feet reads 2 sides(just), but not top or bottom.

I'm slowly going to rebuild my G3 collection in the coming year, the airsoft G3 family has grown somewhat in the past 10 years.

Unless the outer barrel is different from Classic army and TM somehow; The G3s have a 469mm barrel. (It only comes partway up, and stops a fair bit before the flash hider).

• Supporters

Unless the outer barrel is different from Classic army and TM somehow; The G3s have a 469mm barrel. (It only comes partway up, and stops a fair bit before the flash hider).

a few guns are like this - does make you wonder why unless can't be ar$ed and for the longer look

The Pepsi can chrono from 20 feet reads 2 sides(just), but not top or bottom.

a rough very rough guide guide - variations abound & decent chrono is best

why sites use chrono's than coke cans - if you tech a bit get a chrono or at least go halves on one with a m8

see what you local site or a shop might say it is - too much guessing

a rough very rough guide guide - variations abound & decent chrono is best

why sites use chrono's than coke cans - if you tech a bit get a chrono or at least go halves on one with a m8

see what you local site or a shop might say it is - too much guessing

yup, got a chrono coming early next week.

I would have taken the SAS to my local CQB site to get it chrono'd, but i'm on kiddy sitting duty most weekends during the school hols.

Most of the other sites have the JG SG1 with an inner barrell of 470mm, which would tally against the TM SG1.

The chrono arrived this morning the G3 SAS has got a muzzle velocity of about 360fps, so it looks like a spring transplant from the SAS into the SG1 might be a viable option.

As the SG1 wont have the uprated piston head and barrel that the SAS does, so that should(fingers crossed get it below 350fps to meet the field rules)

• Supporters

The chrono arrived this morning the G3 SAS has got a muzzle velocity of about 360fps, so it looks like a spring transplant from the SAS into the SG1 might be a viable option.

As the SG1 wont have the uprated piston head and barrel that the SAS does, so that should(fingers crossed get it below 350fps to meet the field rules)

I'd get the gun chrono'd at you site when you have dialed the hop and got her firing exactly perfectly on 0.20's etc...

not being funny but you might be just 10fps over and your chrono "could" be a smidge out

in any case it is the site's chrono that dictates them saying hot or not....

So I'd get gun firing exactly ring on hop and get her chrono'd again

You could pre-cock the gun and leave it parked for a few days to break the spring in a little so to speak

Really just trying to avoid you opening up the TM just yet if not needed.....

That TM could have a fairly high spring in there tbh - it could be a High Cycle ome already short stroked

but even so that SAS could have a 210-229 barrel in there so that spring may be up near m115 at a rough guess even with tbb & fairy dust etc.....

So I don't think you would wish to install that spring in the longer JG G3

on the TM you could Short Stroke it a tooth if metal or part metal rack on piston but like I said I'd be reluctant to rip her open too quickly

The JG will very likely need a m95/100 in there and you can't really SS but a AoE correction or partial correction could help it come a little further

This is best still speculation - I don't have gun in front of me, I'm quite confident my Gen X3200 is pretty much same as my site and last lot og guns passed at Mall's chrono too - but some peoples chrono's and sites have been a bit out from each other so that is why I'm saying hold up from ripping open the TM just yet

Your JG will arrive with a test sheet from TWG tested on their x3200 so see how your chrono compares without altering the hop or anything

yeah - that might confirm or backup how accurate your chrono is in relation to others

but hold up & resist the urge to rip stuff apart just yet, though will reckon you may need a lighter spring or cut coil on the JG if shooting too hot

well i picked up the SG1 from the couriers drop off today, the test sheet in the box showed that it chrono'd with an average of 390fps.

I've not put it on my chrono yet to see if they agree.

At 390fps that 30fps below what the advertised out of the box spec states....

Well all advertised spec's are accurate arent they....

• Supporters

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/jg098-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=14

says 390fps like a lot of long G3 JG's

that is a m115 or 120 with not great seals - normal china gun stuff tbh

you will likely need a m100 & correct AoE if still a tad warm

chrono the JG on your chrono to confirm your chrono is pretty accurate

downgrade the JG first (or upgrade if going dmr route)

The TM could be knocked down a smidge by AoE, drop a bearing or spacer or lose a tooth shortstroking if barrel is short

I'd sort the JG first before tearing open a TM - so you know what it all entails

(excuse me if you already know what you are doing)

Archived