G&P M14 dmr advice

R14LYX
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey chaps, I brought my first gun and settled on a m14 dmr not everyones idea of a good starting gun but it suits my style and local site .. Can anyone shead some light on the fps? Some websites say 340 some say 400 and everything in between.. If its 400 I'm guessing I'll need a spring to lower it.. Any advice on this would be appreciated! It also has a large scope I wouldn't mind changing that to an acog what do I need to look for to fit the gun? Thanks :)

• Supporters

Take it to a site/shop and get it chrono'd. Otherwise you're just guessing.

• Supporters

Ok thanks mate I did plan on that when it arrives :)

Is it new or second hand?

If you have a good local airsoft shop, they can chrono it for you. If it's too high for where you intend to play, you'd be best off having the internals tinkered with by a shop's tech. If you have one gun, and you're new to the sport, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself in case it goes wrong. New springs are pretty cheap, around a tenner although I don't know what shops charge for labour these days.

Anything designed for a RIS/RAS/picatinny/MIL-STD-1913/20mm rail will fit the top rail and the side rails. The main one to avoid that you'll often see is 11mm dovetail mounts used for airguns.

The battery in the picture isn't a Lipo, but a NiMH.

It looks good though, enjoy it!

• Supporters

Second hand used twice, has a 8.4v 3300mah lipo a smart charger 2 mid caps 3 hand guards and a scope cost me just over 200..

Does the seller not know what it was chrono'd at the last time he used it?

I wouldn't go by what other people's guns do either, if you don't know exactly what has been done to yours by the previous owner you'd be better off just waiting for it to turn up and have it tested.

Archived