We Co2 magazines

uniweekendwarrior
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey people,

I have a Co2 we glock magazine and after it had been sat around for a while I put a canister in and it vented. Gas escaped from the release valve so I swapped it with my freinds it still leaked a little then vented from the top of the mag. Does it need all the rings replaced? Also what's the best way to store Co2 mags to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks in advance

• Root Admin

Spray some silicone oil into the valve and then depress it a bit to move it around and onto the seals. If that doesn't work, disassemble and relube all the seals yourself. If that doesn't work then buy new o-rings. CO2 mags generally have more of a chance to fail because they're a higher pressure, but the maintenance involved is the same as a green gas magazine.

Dunno if it's advisable to store with a bulb in, but I'd certainly make sure they're kept lubed. Maybe also check with CO2 you're using - some is lubricated and some is not.

Spray some silicone oil into the valve and then depress it a bit to move it around and onto the seals. If that doesn't work, disassemble and relube all the seals yourself. If that doesn't work then buy new o-rings. CO2 mags generally have more of a chance to fail because they're a higher pressure, but the maintenance involved is the same as a green gas magazine.

Dunno if it's advisable to store with a bulb in, but I'd certainly make sure they're kept lubed. Maybe also check with CO2 you're using - some is lubricated and some is not.

I have no idea if the Co2 was lubricated or not it didn't say on the packet. I have striped the mag and used express gun oil on all the seals as I don't have any silicone spray, reassembled and the same thing still happened. How about storing with half a Co2 bulb in there? Less pressure but if it's lubricated hopefully it would hold the seal better.

• Root Admin

I don't know enough to say if that's a good idea or not.

However, as far as the silicone spray goes: I just use the low viscosity stuff as it's easier to get where you want it. If you don't have a spray then the thicker stuff is fine too.

• Supporters

When I bought my co2 we glock mags off milspec, there was note inside each box advising to not leave a co2 bulb inside them, apparently the bulb can become stuck.

I would give the seals a good soak in silicone oil if possible.

When I bought my co2 we glock mags off milspec, there was note inside each box advising to not leave a co2 bulb inside them, apparently the bulb can become stuck.

I would give the seals a good soak in silicone oil if possible.

Yea I could see how that would happen. Though I found that the we Co2 mag screws as in the base bit not sure what it's called totally threaded and I could even remove it had to have a new bit machined to replace it. I'll try soaking the rings for a bit.

• Supporters

Yea I could see how that would happen. Though I found that the we Co2 mag screws as in the base bit not sure what it's called totally threaded and I could even remove it had to have a new bit machined to replace it. I'll try soaking the rings for a bit.

Yeah I have had to replace the end caps on my mags with the RA tech items, as the stock ones wear out and try to bind etc

Yeah I have had to replace the end caps on my mags with the RA tech items, as the stock ones wear out and try to bind etc

RA tech ones?

That's awesome I didn't know they made these I need a new one for my other mag and I didn't want to have to pay my mate to machine another one for me. Thanks for that :). The seals are soaking in oil as we speak.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/categorylist/co2-co2-cartridges-12-gram-co2/

Cheapest I've found for both lubed and unlubed. Quick delivery as well.

Your right very good prices. Thanks a lot for your help buddy.

Archived