Revision Desert Locust Fan Goggle

Daniel248
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

As the title states, I am enquiring about the revision desert locust fan goggles. Does anyone have any hands on experience with these?

Are they good?

Do they do what they say? (No fog at all)

Are they loud and restrict your hearing during gameplay?

What's your overall view on them. Are they worth the £100 price tag? Or is there something better out there?

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

Are they loud and restrict your hearing during gameplay?

You know it's a tiny little fan....right?

I have had the Desert Locusts with a fan for a little over 2 years, probably skirmished them about 30 times. Before them I had some Bolle goggles/glasses and I have used tactical glasses for a few games.

They are very good, the lenses are exceptionally strong and clear.

They still fog a bit. I sweat heavily and I can get them to fog up sometimes but its mostly a rainout issue I see. The fan however over time clears it and with good anti fog from Revision its actually the best solution I know of. I did get better performance from the Revision dual pane lenses as well and I recommend those just for reducing the fogging to almost nothing but its not eliminated.

The fan isn't loud, in a woodland game people have to get to within a few feet of me to hear the fan. There is one circumstance where it would be a problem however, that is in the Epsom tunnels. Down there its so quiet you could literally hear a pin drop and the fan was a dead give away. It was also cool which made it a fogging nightmare, but it was also dark and I couldn't see anyway! Most sites aren't an underground ex nuclear bunker.

My opinion is in terms of full seal eye protection is that you want either the Revision locusts or the Smith Optics OTW Turbo fan goggles. Amped Airsoft has a review of the Smith Optics and if some of the features (attachment) appeal then they may be a better solution. I personally was concerned about the life of the fan and found quite a few people complaining about fan failures on the ESS goggles but having seen them in action on a friend we both prefer the Revision ones as they have a better field of view, notably up and down. I think they are worth their money, they are good enough that I stopped looking for eye pro.

One small issue that causes me to use a pair of tactical goggles is that the strap pushes on the temples and since I use a bone conduction radio headset that interferes with its operation. So if I am milsimming I switch to something else as I can't solve the issue that the Locusts introduce. All goggles would likely cause the same issue and its only an issue on send and not receive.

Archived