Abbey Predator Gas or Nuprol 2.0

nj76291
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

I mean I suppose one could use a better lubricant - but then pure silicone is our lube of choice (other than what Abbey put in that maintenance gas - the name eludes me, but it's not PTFE if I remember correctly). Other than that, the only difference between brands is how compressed it is and what the bottle looks like.

These are extremely simple products (the vast majority of which have just two ingredients) :)

I believe it was an Abbey can I had, it had a plastic nozzle which deformed fairly quickly on me WE mags, and made it fairly useless as I couldn't fill anything. Maybe something to bare in mind? I always stick to the metal nozzles cans now.

I mean I suppose one could use a better lubricant - but then pure silicone is our lube of choice (other than what Abbey put in that maintenance gas - the name eludes me, but it's not PTFE if I remember correctly). Other than that, the only difference between brands is how compressed it is and what the bottle looks like.

Our Maintenance gas contains UPL, a lubricant specifically designed for use within gases and remains stable under the pressures within a can/magazine.

Hope this helps!

I believe it was an Abbey can I had, it had a plastic nozzle which deformed fairly quickly on me WE mags, and made it fairly useless as I couldn't fill anything. Maybe something to bare in mind? I always stick to the metal nozzles cans now.

Our new Vertex and Brut Sniper use metal nozzles, the rest use the plastic nozzle. We like the plastic nozzle as it doesn't do harm to o-rings within fill valves, but we can understand your frustration.

You may want to try our Vertex or Brut as it now uses a metal nozzle, due to manufacturing constraints.

Thanks!

• Root Admin

Yup, aware of the UPL in your maintenance gas - it's the only one I'd bother buying though as it works wonders on dry o-rings/seals. The rest of your stuff is unfortunately just no improvement over other readily available mixes.

This is from someone who exclusively bought Abbey stuff for about 3 years as well, sorry. Is there anything else that sets you apart from people like Smart/Pro Tech* Gas? I know it's probably quite a hard field to innovate in, but I'm all for supporting the company with the better product if it means paying a bit extra.

With you on the plastic nozzle though. I prefer them to the metal ones but have used the metal adapters on occasion.

• Root Admin

Not talking about that, whoops. I should have put 'Pro Tech', not 'Pro', soz.

Pro Tech (or Smart) is the best value stuff I've found so far. They're both the same stuff (Pro Tech and Smart Gas, that is), but 1lt tins for £8 (or less if you import).

Archived