Newbie question

NER0000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Don't you have to have one that don't look so realistic for the first few months in till I become a ukara member?

Or will I still be able to use the gun at all the airsoft games

No one is allowed to sell you a RIF (Realistic Imitation Firearm) unless you have a defence, which if you are just starting out you do not have yet unfortunately, if someone did sell you one they would be breaking the law, if you are under 18 you are not allowed to by an IF (Imitation Firearm) either so even if it were pink it would not be allowed.

If however you already have a RIF then you have no requirement to paint it.

I'm glad I checked now so I can only buy a IF gun then

me and a mate are looking at doing our first game Sunday if all goes well

I'm 27 so can get the lf no problem am I right in thinking I need to go to 3 events with a minimum 2 months to get a RIF gun?

Thank you for the advice buddy you've been a big help

Aye, best thing to do is rent for the 3 games in not less than 2 months and then once you register with UKARA buy a RIF. If you are impatient then you can get the gun you want painted by the shop you buy it from, some don't charge but others do.

• Supporters

It's not a minimum of 2 months but over at least 2 months. So 3 games in 1 month (you need to wait another month) doesn't count but 3 games over 3 months does count.

"at least" = "minimum"

He had it right the first time, 3 games over a minimum of/at least/not less than 2 months.

I am getting abit impatient but think I'm going to rent a few guns and see what I like beast before rushing and trying to find a good place to go play too if you know any?

a good place to play would depend on your location and how far you are happy to travel?

No way of knowing without seeing the details, particularly the manufacturer. I'd be wary of second hand sales for a first gun though, it's worth the extra money to get something from a shop that you know is going to work, and will take returns if anything is faulty. I was lumped with a second hand RIF as my first which turned out to be rubbish. Not a fun way to start the hobby.

No way of knowing without seeing the details, particularly the manufacturer. I'd be wary of second hand sales for a first gun though, it's worth the extra money to get something from a shop that you know is going to work, and will take returns if anything is faulty. I was lumped with a second hand RIF as my first which turned out to be rubbish. Not a fun way to start the hobby.

Yeah I'm thinking the same the ad says its G&G is that a good make

G&G make good rifles for £125 new with eu warranty. Don't saddle yourself with a 2nd hand gun for any reason, as your first gun.

Archived