What spring?

Yakktakk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I currently have an Ares Ameoba Am-009, which is shooting at 285fps on .25 bbs. I want to push it to as close to the site max that I can (350fps on .2), but after looking at several websites and such, I've manage to completely confuse myself as to what sprng to buy..

Any advice would be welcome!

• Supporters

285 on a 0.25g would be roughly 315 on 0.2g, is there an issue with range/accuracy that you hope to correct by boosting the FPS?

In theory an M100 spring should do the job but there's a number of other factors that can affect you FPS, primarily down to how well your gearbox and hop seal and keep the air in the system. If you're lacking in range you may be better off sorting out your hop setting as it has far more affect on range that the 25-30 FPS you'll be able to safely gain without going over the limit.

Aye, try ptfe tape around the barrel and bucking, ive on some guns made up almost 20fps by improving the air seal. You could then replace the spring guide with a steel one that has bearings which will also boost fps a tad as they compress the spring slightly more.

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at the bucking/ptfe tape thing first. Just to clarify, the tape goes between the barrell and the bucking yes?

The hop up and bucking are what came with the gun (have fired about 20k bbs so far) I do have an aluminium hop up with a blue bucking (i think its a madbull one, I was given it by someone), but after the first few hundred bbs, it started feeding 2 bbs at once. Switched back to the old hop up and bucking and it stopped doing it.

• Supporters

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at the bucking/ptfe tape thing first. Just to clarify, the tape goes between the barrell and the bucking yes?

The hop up and bucking are what came with the gun (have fired about 20k bbs so far) I do have an aluminium hop up with a blue bucking (i think its a madbull one, I was given it by someone), but after the first few hundred bbs, it started feeding 2 bbs at once. Switched back to the old hop up and bucking and it stopped doing it.

No, the tape goes around the outside of the bucking to tighten it onto the barrel. Don't use too much or you'll not get it back in the hop unit.

I tend to do a single wrap between the barrel and bucking, then a couple of wraps around the outside as Lozart has said, don't go too mad! :-)

Archived