Scars

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Boyi scar , had a search couldn't find anything on this one.

Loving the scar look and taiwan gun have some good prices but don't know anything of the quality ? Obviously the externals are never going to be top end for that price but just looking for something solid that will work out the box. Also any idea on mags that fit ? Cheers

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/replica-sc-02-black-boyi?from=listing&campaign-id=20

Boyi scar , had a search couldn't find anything on this one.

Loving the scar look and taiwan gun have some good prices but don't know anything of the quality ? Obviously the externals are never going to be top end for that price but just looking for something solid that will work out the box. Also any idea on mags that fit ? Cheers

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/replica-sc-02-black-boyi?from=listing&campaign-id=20

And again with a composed question anyone can understand? At that link there is a video explaining the answer to your question. Looks like that's a scar mk17.

Looking for a anyone who has had one of these scars, or a boyi product in general to see what they are like out of the box,

Is the gear box any good or will it break after 1 game ?

I watched the vid , it seemed to just show none of the other weapons mags would fit didnt notice it say what did fit .

• Supporters

I watched the vid , it seemed to just show none of the other weapons mags would fit didnt notice it say what did fit .

Boyi = DBoys. There's a good few reviews of them on US sites as they tend to be a readily available brand over there. Not generally a brand synonymous with high build standards, the externals are good but gearboxes can be weak. With regards the magazines, the video was suggesting that the SCAR-H does not accept the SCAR-L mags which is easy to work out as they are completely different. I don't know if "any" SCAR-H mag would fit but I doubt that the Dboys ones are particularly expensive.

• Supporters

Overall opinions are that it's very good looks wise but very average internally. Budget on replacing most of the innards at some point and you should be OK. Stock is wrong in that it doesn't lock in the folded position.

Cheers lozart , knowing it's a dboys makes it alot easier ! Found quite abit on the dboys when I first looked but didn't realise they were the same !. I'll have a look at the links.

As for mags again searching for dboys mags shouldn't be a problem . As for the stock not folding not a problem i dout I'd ever fold it anyway lol. As for internals I'll budget that in since I'm not gonna bother with a few other bits now lol

Cheers

Archived