Magnified gun sights

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys ,

Looking for a sight for a aeg . I have a red dot currently but want something with abit of magnification. Not looking for anything expensive. Anyone know any half decent ones around the 40 mark ?

Plenty of acog types on ebay that look like they will fit the bill but thought I'd give the forum a go first

Cheers

be careful with ACOGs - a lot of the cheap ones are x1 so you get no magnification.

I doubt you will get anything other than a scope for that price, but good luck.

I have found most sights and scopes below £100 are pretty bad, they just don't spend enough on the glass and they either distort badly or worse are very coloured. Spend a bit more and get a low end real steel scope.

Konus make good 'real' scopes, they do a 1-4x, 'M31' if I remember correctly, that's good for the money. Vortex are also very good value for money, although the cheapest options from either of these companies will be over £100.

I've never seen a particularly good ACOG copy to be honest, as said, hey are either, distorted, coloured or both.

What sort of magnification are you after?

I recently brought a VisionKing Short Dot 1.25-5x28 and am impressed with it.

It is not a massive amount of magnification being 1.25 - 5 times magification but the image is crystal clear, and it has an illuminated reticule. I can also use it like a red dot at the 1-25 setting for close in work or CQB if I don't get a chance to change it for my T1 micro dot.

It was a dream to mount and zero and overall I am really pleased with it.

These sights are sturdy and as a result quite heavy and you'll need to buy a mount for it.

Here's a pic of mine on the Warsport.

post-11641-0-73110700-1471068486_thumb.jpeg

The 5x zoom is more than enough for field play.

I picked mine up on eBay for £69.

I recently brought a VisionKing Short Dot 1.25-5x28 and am impressed with it.

It is not a massive amount of magnification being 1.25 - 5 times magification but the image is crystal clear, and it has an illuminated reticule. I can also use it like a red dot at the 1-25 setting for close in work or CQB if I don't get a chance to change it for my T1 micro dot.

It was a dream to mount and zero and overall I am really pleased with it.

These sights are sturdy and as a result quite heavy and you'll need to buy a mount for it.

Here's a pic of mine on the Warsport.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The 5x zoom is more than enough for field play.

I picked mine up on eBay for £69.

I have the same settup on my Scar. Very good scope!

I use a Bushnell 1.5-4x scope and its very clear as well. The more I play and use scopes/sights the less I am interested in buying the airsoft ones, they are just rubbish. The only one that was even usable was the G&P red dot sight for like £30, I have spent 2x that and they have all been terrible.

I've got a red dot sight already, no idea what brand it is though , but it's been a good one. Just fancied something with abit of zoom. Don't fancy a proper rifle scope style so I'll probably leave it and use the cash on a gun or 2 instead of wasting it on expensive sights

Archived