G&g full auto problem

uniweekendwarrior
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

My g&g mp5a4 blowback is firing on full auto even when the selector switch is on semi auto. Is this just a messed up selector plate? Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

I'd guess worn cut off lever is a possible thing to check.....

try wiggling the select lever a bit either way - you might get semi still operating at halfway between semi/safe

(this is assuming the select sequence is same as M4 v2 box so to speak)

if wiggling the semi - say M4 is at 12 o'clock and you try to move it to 11 o'clock if you get the idea....

If by wiggling the semi and she fires a lit bit further back on selector lever like above then cut off lever/trolley is working ok

and then the issue is more likely to selector plate or related to something around that area.....

if you can't get semi to work at all between safe-semi then it could likely point to cut off lever not popping the trolley off the trigger

(cut off's do wear over time and more so on loads of semi spamming - full auto nutters have the lever lifted right up so wear doesn't take place (in theory))

I just checked the mp5 and it seems to have magically fixed itself but I'll keep what you said in mind incase it happens again. Thanks for the advice :)

Archived