SG55_

rockhardopperator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am curently looking for a sig SG553 or 556 but I have no idea whether I should go for the king arms 556 shorty or the G&G 553. If anyone has experience with either of these guns please le me know which one I should choose :)

I have two KA sigs 556: a "shorty" and a DMR - they are generally very well made, but... poorly designed. Don't be fooled by their sturdy looks and feel, hefty weight and not-so-bad reviews on the internet, the devil is in the detail:

1. marriage of a GB V3 with an "M4" type hop up chamber required an addition of a plastic extension tube to the latter, which joins it with the GB. That extension is rather flimsy, resulting in a really poor air seal (read: erratic FPS, dropping to 150s with M100 spring). You can try to remedy it by using teflon tape, silicon mastick, epoxy glue, but these are all half measures and sooner or later will fail because of the vibrations coming from the GB.

2. RIS/front grip is a bit wobbly. This can be remedied with a few drops of Loctite.

3. the charging handle is made of a rather cr*ppy metal and sooner or later will fall off unless you disable the blowback feature and will take special care when transporting and usign the gun.

4. barrel develops a bit of a wobble over time - you will have to remember to tighten a couple of screws every now and then, again, remembering that Loctite is your friend ;)

5. unless you change the stock - you will have to use a battery designed specifically for the "shorty".

I have two KA sigs 556: a "shorty" and a DMR - they are generally very well made, but... poorly designed. Don't be fooled by their sturdy looks and feel, hefty weight and not-so-bad reviews on the internet, the devil is in the detail:

1. marriage of a GB V3 with an "M4" type hop up chamber required an addition of a plastic extension tube to the latter, which joins it with the GB. That extension is rather flimsy, resulting in a really poor air seal (read: erratic FPS, dropping to 150s with M100 spring). You can try to remedy it by using teflon tape, silicon mastick, epoxy glue, but these are all half measures and sooner or later will fail because of the vibrations coming from the GB.

2. RIS/front grip is a bit wobbly. This can be remedied with a few drops of Loctite.

3. the charging handle is made of a rather cr*ppy metal and sooner or later will fall off unless you disable the blowback feature and will take special care when transporting and usign the gun.

4. barrel develops a bit of a wobble over time - you will have to remember to tighten a couple of screws every now and then, again, remembering that Loctite is your friend ;)

5. unless you change the stock - you will have to use a battery designed specifically for the "shorty".

Thank you, you have given me things to consider. I'm not much of a tech so I might just stick with a krytac or kwa :D as reliability would be a massive plus for me.

Thank you, you have given me things to consider. I'm not much of a tech so I might just stick with a krytac or kwa :D as reliability would be a massive plus for me.

You are welcome. Well, there is nothing more frustrating than when you take 2+ guns to a game and ALL of them fail - this has happened to my mates more than once. I would trade reliability for the looks, ergonomics, blowbacks and recoils every time :P.

Never owned KWA or Krytac myself, but heard that they are brilliant guns.

Archived