New player CQB recomendations

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Im a new player and im getting used to play cqb and im looking to get my own gear. Ive been looking at the aa12 tm and was wondering if anyone has use this gun much? Or if there are any other recomendations?

I have a budget of 600 all in

Thanks

• Supporters

AA12 is fine and dandy but it's a pretty big lump of a gun.There's plenty of decent AEGs around the £300 mark that would work better.

Don't skimp on protective gear especially face mask and/or eyepro though. Potential for injury is far higher at close range.

AA12.... Meh... Looks pretty funky but a good quality fairly high rate of fire gun will be much more versitile and cheaper to build upon. I'm a Tokyo Marui fanboy but withought a doubt I'd say Krytac CRB (Wait for the gen2) £300 of awesome, straight out of the box. If I hadn't chucked £850 at a TM Recoil then i'd buy one in a heartbeat.

And with enough change to buy a decent full face and maybe even a FAST Helmet.

see i thought that when looking at the aa12,

Im not too keen on an assault rifle as i tried the g36c rental gear and i hated it, probably something to do with the PPE i was wearing at the time but it felt too bulky i guess.

Any SMG suggestions? the PDW doesnt look like a bad shout on first glance

oh an because mostly the area i play in is dark / in building im going to go with wearing a full black attire (playing at tac house spartan - hours drive from leicester)

• Supporters

you will probably come close to owning or nearly owning most of your favourites if you get hooked for a while....

most guns bar the svd can be used for cqb - just know somebody will chime in with that is what they run with....

Pdw, M4 pistol, mp5k, G36c, ak74 - some with folding stocks blah blah blah....

everybody will have a different take on stuff - use nigh on anything but guess a 250mm - 300mm barrel would plenty up front

then again on some really short guns people love to put on a great big stfu suppresor or extension = don't ask we all like weird stuff

600px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.JPG

• Supporters

see i thought that when looking at the aa12,

Im not too keen on an assault rifle as i tried the g36c rental gear and i hated it, probably something to do with the PPE i was wearing at the time but it felt too bulky i guess.

Any SMG suggestions? the PDW doesnt look like a bad shout on first glance

oh an because mostly the area i play in is dark / in building im going to go with wearing a full black attire (playing at tac house spartan - hours drive from leicester)

If you want a gun that feels light and is very fast to use the Scorpion Evo is your best bet.

Gun is very light but solid, the trigger response is probably the best of any stock gun on the market and its accurate to boot. Comes with built in battery protection and 3rnd burst fire.

Can't praise it enough its a monster of a gun for cqb.

If you want a gun that feels light and is very fast to use the Scorpion Evo is your best bet.

Gun is very light but solid, the trigger response is probably the best of any stock gun on the market and its accurate to boot. Comes with built in battery protection and 3rnd burst fire.

Can't praise it enough its a monster of a gun for cqb.

Okay thanks, ill look into it, any mods worth looking into?

any eye wear reccos too?

Take into consideration the fact that you will be playing indoors, which will result in poor ventilation leading to extra heat, of course depending on your type of gameplay. Having that in mind go from there as to what you want to wear and so on.

Spend as much as you can on eye protection, but do take in consideration the fogging issues that come with it, unless you go for mesh.

Second to eye protection is lower face protection, if you're going fullface you're sorted, if not buy a mesh mask and mold it to fit your face, it may save a trip to the dentist.

Third on protection (should be second but to lazy to edit) is adequate footware. Have in mind that you play in a dark environment and trip hazards are slightly bigger and you don't want to twist your ankles.

I would suggest to rethink your clothing choice, if you play woodland you can get some camo type BDUs, multicam for instance in a dark environment will stand out less than a black loadout in a woodland field.

But who am I to tell you what to buy, go full ninja outfit it's all about fun.

Oh and also consider getting a torch, if you're smart on using it, it can be really handy in certain situations.

Thanks guys. I think ill look into getting the scorpion evo when i get the chance.

Tac house spartam has quite alot of pitch black rooms so a light is a must!

• 1 month later...

I played a CQB site on friday night with a G&G CM16 Raider. All the regulars that turned up came with 4 pistols and a selection of shotguns shotguns.

I got absolutely smashed on every game. Even fully collapsed the m4 was hard work to get it round the extremely tight corners and just nowhere near as well suited as a pistol. Im now lookong for a either a Glock or a short trishot springer shotgun instead.

And there was me thinking one gun would be enough. Can certainly see how this spirals out of control!

I played a CQB site on friday night with a G&G CM16 Raider. All the regulars that turned up came with 4 pistols and a selection of shotguns shotguns.

I got absolutely smashed on every game. Even fully collapsed the m4 was hard work to get it round the extremely tight corners and just nowhere near as well suited as a pistol. Im now lookong for a either a Glock or a short trishot springer shotgun instead.

And there was me thinking one gun would be enough. Can certainly see how this spirals out of control!

yeah i had a go with an aa12 today before collecting my scorpion evo. The aa12 wasnt bad but the range wasnt great and i could only see it being useful as a "fun gun" or in defensive situations

so far ive picked up a hi capa, tri shotgun and now the evo so year youll get addicted quickly!

yeah i had a go with an aa12 today before collecting my scorpion evo. The aa12 wasnt bad but the range wasnt great and i could only see it being useful as a "fun gun" or in defensive situations

so far ive picked up a hi capa, tri shotgun and now the evo so year youll get addicted quickly!

I coudl tell i missed a trick when even the hire kit at this place were pistols. I think next time i go ill hire one of theirs to see how i get on.

Taiwangun have some uber cheap options but ill have to wait for a valid defence before i can order from them. For the sake of £20odd + p&p im willing to give it a whirl though even if the guns fit for the bin at the end.

I coudl tell i missed a trick when even the hire kit at this place were pistols. I think next time i go ill hire one of theirs to see how i get on.

Taiwangun have some uber cheap options but ill have to wait for a valid defence before i can order from them. For the sake of £20odd + p&p im willing to give it a whirl though even if the guns fit for the bin at the end.

yeah ive never had the confidence to order from somewhere like that so ive gone through local shops when getting bits and bobs or patrol base seem kinda fair. I gifted a wepon to my friend as hes joining me in a local league thats being set up

The reviews lf both taiwangun and gunfire on here are all positive. No import or shipping tax because we are still part of the EU for now. So looks like its well worth a punt for me. Just gotta wait for that ukara number.

Archived