Last shot at getting an airsoft gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A sniper rifle like that is no match to an AEG - even with experience. Don't think about sniping until you have £250-300 to spend on it and even then it's a vastly different experience than playing with an AEG. I suggest look around second hand two-tones here or on zeroin http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?4-Classifieds

Airsoft is a technical sport. Don't ruin it for yourself with gear that is not suitable for playing.

• Root Admin

Get a 2-tone JG BAR or a Well L96. Both are semi-decent cheapo repros, but don't buy one for skirmishing because it'll ruin your day. Back garden plinker though? Sure.

Remember, you're not confined to just coloured plastics. Any retailer with a can of paint can sort you out. Also, BBGuns4Less probably don't deserve your custom.

Get a 2-tone JG BAR or a Well L96. Both are semi-decent cheapo repros, but don't buy one for skirmishing because it'll ruin your day. Back garden plinker though? Sure.

Remember, you're not confined to just coloured plastics. Any retailer with a can of paint can sort you out. Also, BBGuns4Less probably don't deserve your custom.

As much as I'd love to I think if I spent that amount of money on a sniper straight away I'd be using up a lot of my funds for the starter kit. BBGuns4Less and JBBG seem to be the only place I can find the w700.

I don't know whether to go for a more expensive plinker such as the W700 or whether to just go for something cheap such as the G21.

I won't take either to a skirmish.

I'll be attending Spartan and other sites for the next year or so (8-10 months) before buying the CM16 starter kit as posted above.

Once I do get into airsoft I most likely not go down the sniper route and I will stick to the CM16 and begin adding rails etc.

I've found a few but a lot of them are over the price of the w700. Is the w700 a no go rifle? Or is it the seller? I've watched reviews but I'd welcome more opinions on it

If you like guns that are made from swiss cheese, its great. If on the otherhand you want something that wont break after a day or 2 (With no replacement parts, its for the bin) stick with a JG BAR10

Every time I've bought cheap I came to regret it, eventually costing me more in the long run to try and fix whatever was wrong. When you're getting into the game and you've only got one gun, the last thing you want is it going wrong, especially when you don't yet have the know-how to fix it. It can be pretty demoralizing, not only feeling like your day's been rubbish, but feeling like you've wasted your money.

Personally I'd hold off buying the plinker and put that money towards the gun you're actually going to be using. It might mean you can get the CM16 a little sooner, or you could bump that package up to the Tier 2 version and get the sling, gun bag and spare mag. Those are three really useful extras that you'll probably need anyway.

(I wouldn't buy anything off BBgun sites either. I once ended up with a practically-free M4 off such a site. One quick tap across my knee broke it in half so I could fit it in a bin bag.)

It's taken you two pages to realise this, lol.

Fact is: Below a certain threshold it's just not worth buying. I hope you can find one second hand though.

2 pages... More like 2 years lol. I just started to want shooting 'gun' so bad lol. Thanks for the help you all saved me wasting £79 there.

Well until next time lol

Noi idea if you have one but we have an Airsoft club here with a range. If you are that keen to start shooting find a club like that and you can rent a gun cheap for an hour. Good fun and you can try guns that you havent thought about. For example we had a play with a sniper rifle and whilst it was ok I actually enjoy the GBB pistol shooting far more. Obviously a pistol in a skirmish is going to take second place to a rifle but based on what Ive trialled I know I definitely want one at some point.

I know this thread has been exhausted now but for what it's worth I can highly recommend the Cyma 701 VSRs.

They're around the £110 mark (+ scope cost) and when compared to the TM VSRs and JG Bar10s (fully upgraded) they're not far off! I'd say they're 90% as good for 25% of the cost.

Archived