Ares G36C help

Scanny88
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

My g36 all of a sudden stopped working sunday. It was like the battery was flat trying to fire but not enough power. I tried 3 batteries in it and ots doing all the same and they were all charged. I believe the gearbox maybe jammed and someone had a listen and saod this also. However has anyone else come across this before? Its a v3 gearbox and they are meant tl be pretty good so i dont know why its failed after 4 months. Any help appreciated

• Supporters

If a gearbox jams so that its just locked up then it could be a tooth chipping and caught up in the gears

sometimes the piston can go right back and refuse to release....

the motor could shot or not performing well

other gearbox malfunctions usually the box may still turn like when you strip a piston ttttzzzzzzz ttttzzzzzzz and all that

hard to say exactly but a lock up might just be a fluke but likely a part failing - quite badly

gun could be under warranty or run some checks yourself if no warranty....

remove motor - motor frame screws x 2 and check if motor still turns - very likely

at this point you might be able to reach up with a small allen key or strong hook/screwdriver to release the AR - Anti Reversal latch

then connect motor back to gearbox and see if see turns ok - could of been a bit of crap or even a small piece of plastic shred from piston

(you'd be surprised how stupid stuff can stop gears turning...)

first off I'd contact the retailer - 4 months is a bit crap for a gun to fail

especially if you may only have used for half a dozen skirmishes or less

Yea i go once a month as a rule. I eill have alook now. Tmzero one airaoft said they will have alook at it but are already trying to charge me even though its under warranty. Alot of people are telling me they are trying to get out of stuff like this

• Supporters

If its under warranty then the repair is their problem and so is postage.

If you have fired it on a low battery and its locked up and needs the ar latch releasing they might have you on incorrect usage though.

Try to release it yourself first, it only takes 5 minutes and there are plenty of guides on youtube.

• Supporters

Think the owner will have to pay for return postage

the item should be fit for purpose under description of goods act and consumer rights blah blah blah.....

Then I think the item should returned for free - but I am 101% certain if this is lawfully true for return shipping

It is a fine line to tread for retailers though as we know these guns especially the more budget ones are not ultra highly precision built at the best of times....

new comers/kids trying to force the trigger in the dead zone, a jam from $hit bb's and just keep firing to clear it - oops, stripped pistons and all manner of daft stupid stuff from inexperienced owners etc.....

Not saying OP's problem was down to user error - seems like a locked box or a part failed tbh

but just pointing out these toy guns do wear a bit - quite quickly if abused or unlucky

lets face it they go through some wear/stress unlike your stfu HD TV or PS4 (control pads are different as they can get thrown further than most bfg's sometimes)

I'd deffo contact retailer and see what their customer service is like - this will be their moment to shine or you learning to cross them off your list

please update coz good UK retailers need to be recognised, also if a particular gun/model is unreliable then no matter what the markup is like any decent retailer would prefer not to stock/sell a pile of crap unless they are JBBG

I know some pro retailers still need to improve their aftercare a bit but usually decent guns or half decent guns will fail less - or last a bit longer under warranty so potential problems are reduced......

contact them first before opening up the box, if you have no joy then at least you tried and consider asking a local tech to have a look

but retailer should honour some sort of warranty - 4 to 6 skirmishes is a bit unlucky in failing so quickly

keep us posted.....

hold up a sec.....

did you buy this:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_395&products_id=2089

ffs - if I bought something over £230 - 240 with shipping I'd wanna bit more support for starters

yes you might have to pay return shipping but no way should a £230 gun fail in less than 6 outings

deffo keep us posted how you get on with z1

So far they have recieved it (i had to pay for return shipping). However thry didnt call me to say they had. I called to see of they had a look at it yet, to which they havnt but are already saying they think it is user error......not sure how they can say that wothout looking into it!! I will keep you posted but so far o am not impressed. Apparently it will take around 2 weeks before they have a look at it!

The results are in. It turns out one of the gears had been shredded. They dont know how and have covered it under warranty. However i have had to pay £20 for delivery...when i get it back i will update you on how it performs

Archived