Tokyo Marui Samurai Edge M9 problem/slide won't lock after last BB

Petar
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm sorry for being boring,but i need help once again with my TM Samurai Edge M9.

The problem is in slide which won't lock back after firing last BB.

I'm also having problem with injecting gas (duster) into magazine,even with ''Airosft Innovations duster adapter'' which should work fine,but it doesn't.

When i tried to inject gas,it just runs out from magazine and gas canister,and i can see adapter is slightly banned.

Just for info,i did manage to lock slide when dry fired but only when i aiming all the way up.

What can i do with these problems?

Please help

• Root Admin

Well problem #1 is a symptom of problem #2. Not enough gas getting into the magazines for it to cycle fully towards the end and lock back, but I don't have experience with that adapter so I can't help more.

Also, if you have the model with the adjustable hop then you have a newer M9 design and can use green gas. Try Smart Gas and Pro Gas as they're cheap and comparable to anything else that's about £8+

Hey man,thanks for answer.

Yes,i do have newer M9 model with adjustable hop up,and i know it can take green gas,but Tokyo Marui itself said it can harm the gun.

I have bad experience with WE M9 which exploded when i was shooting it,and reason was probably green gas on high temperatures.

• Root Admin

I don't think you'll find anyone at a typical skirmish day who isn't using green gas with their TM pistol these days. As I think I said in the other thread you made: TM make their guns to take green gas, but they cannot state (and indeed actively sometimes discourage) use of green gas because its output muzzle energy makes it basically illegal to use in Japan. Their more modern guns get good sales figures abroad, so they've adjusted their designs to stand up to those higher pressures.

Not sure if I'd put some of the WE pistols along-side TM ones when it comes to reliability. With particular models (certainly not all of them) the WEs are notorious under-performers, whilst TM are generally consistently reliable performers. It wouldn't surprise me if a WE blew up on standard green gas, but I would with TM. Just don't use Abbey Ultra, Nuprol 3, 4 or Guarder Power Up gas; stick to standard Nuprol, Abbey, Smart and Pro Gas and you'll be fine.

You could keep using duster, but the cans don't go as far and you will get that low muzzle energy and perhaps poor cycling. Especially using the winter in the UK.

I would really like to have TM for years and put more then 10 000 BBs with green gas,but i saw few pictures of exploded rear slide of TM that has used green gas.
However i did tried using green gas with my TM few minutes ago,and it was great.
I mean sound,kick,and cycling was so much better and more realistic.
I would love to use it,but since i saw those pictures+my WE (i know it's not for comparison)I'm just so afraid.
PS
I don't live in UK,i live in Croatia,which have pretty high temperatures,but one guy here on forum told me he live in Florida,and he can use green gas with no problems...

Now i have another problem.

I started using green gas,and when i loaded 16 BBs,and when i start shooting,it shoots 2-3 BBs then slide locks,and that process repeats over and over again.

Also,when I'm filling the magazine,i noticed that the gas escapes from magazine.

This occures when I'm using green gas and duster gas.

Do you perhaps know what's causing this problems?

• Root Admin

Nope. TM mags don't have a silent fill valve.

If the slide is locking back prematurely, that's not a gas issue - that's another issue. Check the slide catch isn't sitting high for no reason. Also, you're not firing this into the air again are you? That might be enough just to let it drop into place and lock the slide back.

• Root Admin

If you check the mag, there's a tab that runs up the side with the follower. When it gets to the top of the mag it sticks out a little and pushes the slide catch up to - well - catch the slide as it returns. If you're certainly that's not at the top of the mag when it's locking back then the issue is with the slide or slide catch itself.

When it locks back is the slide catch engaged or is the slide being held there by itself?

I currently don't have spare magazine,because my WE Tech M9 is on repair,so i won't be abe to try it for few weeks.

I will do some shooting tomorrow to see will it work then,because it's night right now,and I can't shoot.

I did manage to shoot almost full mag after we talked and it was fine,but just to be sure,I'll try it tomorrow.

I manage to fill mag with duster gas and it shoots fine,only problem is slide won't lock back after last BB.

I fill it up for 7 seconds and it has plenty of gas.

Only thing that crosses my mind is-it has lower pressure then other dusters,since on mine says ''HFC free'',but as far as i know,HFC is banned in EU...

Help is still very needed.

• Root Admin

Honestly, without getting my hands on it I couldn't tell you. There's only a certain amount on can tell over text. I'd say to strip is and check the slide catch and mag, but if you don't know what you're looking for there's no point :S

The random locking isn't gas related though (that I'm fairly sure of).

Archived