New players kit

jxjcksn3
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

Reasonably new to airsoft and wanted to get the opinion of the old and experienced players on kit. Any recommendations as to what equipment you would class as really useful and not so useful? Also is there any brands people would recommend or not advise buying?

Cheers,

Connor

Guest PT247

if playing in woodland grab some army surplus DPM combat trousers and shirt cheap off ebay. buy the best boots you can afford and decent eyepro/facepro.

Don't buy plate carriers/vests/a million pouches, wait until you know what you need from playing.

Repeat after me - eyepro, eyepro, eyepro.....do not scrimp on it

^this, same goes for boots.

Outside of these two essentials, my advice is and will always be to play for a while before investing in any gear. It's hard to say 'buy this' or 'dont buy this' because everyones got a different budget, but IMO the best metric for understanding what gear you want and need should come from playing and discovering that for yourself. I started with a handgun and a pouch on my belt for magazines and went from there. You will probably end up with a bag full of random stuff you bought and decided you didn't want after all but meh, that's airsoft.

Ebay is king for surplus if you have not got a local shop.

My advice - after buying decent footwear and eye pro' - is buy for warmth, comfort and weather when looking at skirmish wear. Not a lot more miserable than being cold, wet and shot at...

Archived