Recommendation?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been looking around for the best M4 AEG wise for ~£350 for my first real rifle. [YES, I am UKARA registered.]. I was looking at a Krytac CRB, but they're out of stock everywhere, and nowhere seems to be willing to get one for me. So, on to looking for another rifle since I can't get my hands on one of those, I suppose?

Restrictions:

NO GBB Rifles

NO HPA Recommendations [i know this isn't likely at this price point, but just incase..]

AEG Only [stressing this]

NO full length rifles [preferably a carbine]

Full metal body [with the exception of the rear stock / grip, obviously]

Let's see.

Yup, I've looked. Mostly discovered older posts and older information from a few years ago, and figured you'd be intelligent enough considering I'd mentioned Krytac to know I was looking at newer rifles, and what's popular today, not then.

EDIT: Was also hoping someone might have information on getting hold of a Krytac.

• Supporters

Wowowow, I just discovered something INSANELY cool! It's called Google! It's so cool, you can actually look at these things called existing forum posts! You should check it out, but let's keep it between you and me, champ! :)

Shhhhhhuuuuuusssshhhh - google requires years of training and special clearance before it can be used

that said - OP's only real hope is to ring around to some of the major stockist like LWA ProAirsoft etc... and ask them when next batch etc...

or

google up the lesser known/used retailers and pray they might still have one left

the link "might" work out ok but don't flame me if any online stock levels are incorrect when you try to order one up

best of luck in getting a nice gun

Seems like the Krytac shortage is well known then, it's not just me. Any other recommendations guys? Was looking at http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-cxp-transform-uk1r-rear-wired-ebb-airsoft-gun-aeg this rifle, any ideas on upgrades to make it shoot out of the box at the same level as the Krytac?

I don't care for running an 11.1 lipo. Krytac won't reliably run 11.1s on semi with a UK spring anyway. But you're right - I really would prefer a Krytac.

I'd recommend the ICS. I have a few and love them.

As a beginner, you'll find they are much easier to work on than a standard version 2 gearbox, and in my experience, very durable. If you have the cash, get an ASCU gen 4 mosfet in it too (in stock at Redwolf I believe).

• Supporters

depends on a 20k motor or if you get 30k krytac motor

20k you might need a bit more juice, hence that is why they gave us the slower motor in some batches

eg: 50% more juice will equate roughly to getting a 20k to run like a 30k

all depends though on gun overspin etc......

but krytac would be most people's choice or tweak/build your own I guess

krytac has very few flaws and sets the standard or raises the bar now to what a £300 or so gun should be like of of box

• Supporters

You are going to have to wait they are bringing out the alpha line and the mk2 trident so as far as I know there will not be anything until they ship which will probably be September at best. It could be earlier or later there are lots of different stories about release but haven't heard anything concrete.

Wowowow, I just discovered something INSANELY cool! It's called Google! It's so cool, you can actually look at these things called existing forum posts! You should check it out, but let's keep it between you and me, champ! :)

Why people here have to be such a unfriendly twats, forums tend to have similar topics, lets just laugh at all the new players and their easy to answer questions so instead of sticking around they go away and leave this dead forum as it is.

• Supporters

But there is a massive amount of info & opportunities to be be discovered if people do a little research.....

However - using any " search tool " effectively does require a little skill/experience in knowing how to achieve the best results

eg: moons ago ebay allowed wildcard searches and other things etc.....

So I do see both sides of the debate and though at first the OP's first posting did appear to many requests for lazy spoon feeding

but as this post continued it is starting to seem that the OP is not as lazy or naive as many - including myself may have prejudged him at first impression

(hence my wet wipe comment)

There - but I would like to think that a very high percentage of us on here are pretty decent helpful people and remember most of us stumbled across this place as not so well informed new players, I'm still learning so not a great deal has changed

A bit of banter, sarcasm - no real harm meant - think I had a few pokes at me when I joined - terrible to judge books by their covers or users by their post count but I'm afraid many of us still do this - even though we try not to

heck I still get the odd dig at me but usually I'll often have a dig at myself before somebody else does, yup I've thrown a wobbly too but I try to admit when I'm wrong and/or a pratt - on occasions this has been a very common thing at times.

Anyway - I'm not a mod, the UN or anything but a saddo with toy guns - just hope the OP gets his toy gun he seeks

welcome to forum btw - we are a nice bunch really :)

• Supporters

Why people here have to be such a unfriendly twats, forums tend to have similar topics, lets just laugh at all the new players and their easy to answer questions so instead of sticking around they go away and leave this dead forum as it is.

I was going to say something along those lines myself.

I fail to see the reason for anyone, let alone someone with such a low post count to immediately go boots in on someone for asking for a recommendation. I could sort of understand it if it was "what's an M4" or "how do I get my UKARA licence" but it's this whole thing of knee jerking to telling people to use Google that kills forums like this and to a greater extent damages the community at large.

• Supporters

I was going to say something along those lines myself.

I fail to see the reason for anyone, let alone someone with such a low post count to immediately go boots in on someone for asking for a recommendation. I could sort of understand it if it was "what's an M4" or "how do I get my UKARA licence" but it's this whole thing of knee jerking to telling people to use Google that kills forums like this and to a greater extent damages the community at large.

Sometimes it can be annoying when people ask stupid questions without even bothering to search and we have all bitten at someone who has done it. But in this case there was nothing wrong with the OPs question. There is a new or upgraded M4 coming out every month and the OP was correct that a lot of reviews are outdated. I think this was more a case of a new younger member trying to be clever and failing.

It was a joke. I'm just saying that asking such a frequently answered question can be annoying. For example, I play bass guitar, and on a forum every other thread has a title along the lines of 'Best bass for metal??' and it's become a meme on that forum because of the lack of research people do before asking such an ambiguous question. There is a sticky on this website which helps answer the OPs question about which gun to get, I believe.

• Supporters

It was a joke. I'm just saying that asking such a frequently answered question can be annoying.

We know those questions are annoying, but maybe wait a while and establish yourself on the forum before taking the piss out of other people?

Or alternatively you could just NOT post and ignore it if you don't think the question has any validity.

Archived