bringing my own airsoft gun from Europe to Scotland

forumslv
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You have strict rules about airsoft in Scotland and in UK in general.

I am student in Scotland from Europe and while I am in there I would like to play some airsoft, do you have any rules or law that allows me to bring my own gun.. or it have to be registered or downgraded (mine is original as I bought)

Regards

not sure.. its just made in china - G36c

and also I have read ''Travelling to the UK'' if you read below, it says - realistic imitation firearms can only be imported for authorized purpose...

Firearms, explosives and ammunition including blank firing or replica firearms that can be converted to fire bullets. Realistic imitation firearms can only be imported for an authorised purpose or function such as participating at an historical re-enactment.

• Supporters

The law doesn't care about the way of transport.

However the company running the ferry does - same as with airplanes. You should check what they allow, if or how RIFs can be transported.

If it's a full auto capable gun and above 350 fps with 0.20 then probably the local field won't allow you to play with it. Doesn't matter with the importing though.

Yes, the proof / invitation to the airsoft game should be enough defence. That's how foreign airsofters come here to play so you should be fine with that.

My friend will downgrade gun to 350fps which I have read is the maximum allowed in Scotland.

And also I am now filling DFDS ferry given weapon form.

I don't know what to put in some of the questions they ask. I will just copy from different sections

1. Bolts Removed?

2. Weapons Broken Down?

3.Ammunition (type)
4.Quantity of Cartridges/Rounds
5.Gun Licence Held European?
6.Gun Licence Held UK?
and then I have to explain briefly - Reason for Carriage of Weapons/Ammunition?
any ideas?

Guest PT247

1. Bolts Removed? N/A

2. Weapons Broken Down? Is it in one piece or have you split the receiver?

3.Ammunition (type) 6mm plastic BB

4.Quantity of Cartridges/Rounds? How many BBs you brining

5.Gun Licence Held European? N/A

6.Gun Licence Held UK? N/A

My friend will downgrade gun to 350fps which I have read is the maximum allowed in Scotland.

any ideas?

Just remove the spring or remove the gearbox out in its entirety, there is no need to downgrade it as the issue is the externals not the internals. You would not even need to declare the internals if you were carrying them separately (dont lie if asked).

• 2 weeks later...

1. Bolts Removed? N/A

2. Weapons Broken Down? Is it in one piece or have you split the receiver?

3.Ammunition (type) 6mm plastic BB
4.Quantity of Cartridges/Rounds? How many BBs you brining
5.Gun Licence Held European? N/A
6.Gun Licence Held UK? N/A

not sure about - Weapons Broken Down? Is it in one piece or have you split the receiver?

can I transport without taking apart everything ?

Archived