Importing RIFs from Europe

Goofynose
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nobody else does that. :)

Okay, good to know :) So I'm assuming ,if I somehow manage to import my RIFs in the UK, I only need the booking/ticket to the event I'm attending, even though I'm not part of a club?

1j definitely for Ireland.

Looks like Scotland is/is about to go 1j.

Right lads, those Scottish snipers on Hadrians wall have only 1j to play with, our superior English fire power will soon see em off.... someone go draw a line 1j shot away from the wall, everyone stand behind that...

Scotland will follow England and Wales' law with regards to Airsoft guns.

So, the 1.3J/2.5J rules.

Scotland will follow England and Wales' law with regards to Airsoft guns.

So, the 1.3J/2.5J rules.

not according to this, http://www.airsoftsociety.com/Scotland-passes-one-of-the-strictest-air-gun-laws-in-the-world-impacts-airsoft-Airsoft-Society.html

you'll just need a license, which might not be a bad thing.

Get caught up mate, the new bill has to pass first.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/air-weapon-and-licensing-scotland-act-2015

The Air Weapon and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015 comes into effect on 31 December 2016.

not according to this, http://www.airsoftsociety.com/Scotland-passes-one-of-the-strictest-air-gun-laws-in-the-world-impacts-airsoft-Airsoft-Society.html

you'll just need a license, which might not be a bad thing.

If you look at the Police Scotland website, it does actually mention that Airsoft guns fit within the 1.3J/2.5J pattern are exempt from being registered as air weapons.

Get caught up mate, the new bill has to pass first.

Note the use of the word "will".

Quick update. I contacted the Police National Legal Database (excellent service by the way, they replied within 15 minutes to my email) and they told me to phone 101. So I phoned 101 and asked to speak to an operator, I then explained to him that I would have liked to import my RIFs from Italy and that if he could explain me the legislation regarding that process. Basically what I was told was that it would be perfectly fine and there shouldn't be any problems, however the package will go through X-Ray so he advised that I put markings on the boxes saying they are airsoft guns and he added that the package would probably be opened anyway.

Note that no mention was made of the VCRA or UKARA or anything like that so I'm not too sure what to make of this.

Quick update. I contacted the Police National Legal Database (excellent service by the way, they replied within 15 minutes to my email) and they told me to phone 101. So I phoned 101 and asked to speak to an operator, I then explained to him that I would have liked to import my RIFs from Italy and that if he could explain me the legislation regarding that process. Basically what I was told was that it would be perfectly fine and there shouldn't be any problems, however the package will go through X-Ray so he advised that I put markings on the boxes saying they are airsoft guns and he added that the package would probably be opened anyway.

Note that no mention was made of the VCRA or UKARA or anything like that so I'm not too sure what to make of this.

You've not said who will be operating the xray machine/inspection, can the people you spoke to even speak for border force?

Archived