Cheap to make exploding airsoft targets?

Defender90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Apologies if this is old news but I have not seen this before and if they work with catapults then should work with, and be excellent fun with, airsoft as well?

https://youtu.be/7rDRFFSUrPI

This looks excellent fun with rifles or pistols and good practice as well.

As the guy says at the end, probably be better away from nervous neighbours.

• Supporters

I don't think a BB would have sufficient energy to penetrate the bottle at any sort of range.

Would depend on the thickness of the bottle, how high it was pumped up, velocity and weight of the BB etc. surely?

• Root Admin

Well yeh, but even bringing all of that into consideration you wouldn't be able to do it. Put your eye and face pro on (because it's going to turn into ricochet city) and shoot an empty water bottle (with the lid screwed on) at point blank - it won't go through. 'Pumping it up' I can't imagine is going to help either - the muzzle energy of airsoft guns is super low.

The pressure inside the bottle is - if anything - going to make it harder to pierce anyway. BBs also don't exact their force on relatively small point like say a dart does, so what energy it does have tends to spread out quite quickly, and that's no good for going through anything.

Archived