recommened CQB weapon

lgmiles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am looking to start playing CQB as well as woodland and need a weapon with a FPS limit of 320, easily handled around corners and fits a budget of £250 with a mag spare. I was thinking along the lines of a mp5 or mp7, but I am open to any suggestions. what has worked for you or what do you know has worked for other?

Thanks in advance, Louis

• Supporters

£250 ???

slightly tweaked AEG - Medium 250mm - 300mm barrel type M4 G36c AK

&

a basic decent non blowback mk23 or similar pistol

pistol for ultra tight cqb - but I love my FireHawk for the Mall

tbh - you can use almost anything really though, but usually most choose a moderate "all-rounder" length gun or pistol & some mags for cqb

• Supporters

As said a 250-300mm barrel M4 is what I tend to run with

(run being the word though most might squealing like a girl in retreat as I get shot to $hit)

But there are loads of options - a G36c or others with a folding stock could be a good all-rounder

End of the day, go with what you like the look of - most decent stuff is nigh on the same meat different gravy

often they all fire bb's about the same, M4's are very/too common, G36 or AK74 if you like

Your best bet is to ask some players at your local what they run with, how it compares, they might let you have a hold/play with it

Then you might get a feel as to to what works best for you or what you prefer to use or like the look of

AEG choice is really just that, most guns can be tweaked to work better - the owner though, that isn't so easy to improve overnight

I tend to run with G&G's and general modest guns - simply put that if or rather when I get owned by some little rental kid

"Well - it is to be expected as I only got a £150 gun ffs" even though I suck at this skirmishing malarky

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Duck does hit upon a good point really, in terms of the aesthetics.

I used to work in a guitar shop in Guildford and when we'd get kids coming in with their parents go buy their first guitar, the parents would want to get the sensible (often boring) choice, and 9 times out of 10 I'd convince them that the aesthetic is more important. A kid will want to play his cool guitar more often if he just loves how it looks and can't put it down. A boring guitar sees them give up after a few months.

There's no point in buying, say, an FN P90 based on our recommendation alone if you hate the look of it.

Like the guitars, you want a gun that looks so cool that you just want to use it all the time.

It sounds like you've got the picture in your head already and as Duck has mentioned it'll be all very much a muchness in CQB most of the time.

I appear to have gone off on a weird tangent and hopefully it makes sense, if not, it's because it's nearly 3am ;)

yea the krytac pdw and the ugly little brother can not do wrong in my eyes

Archived