UKARA site with range enough to get registration?

Jam_Man
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a local site to me that has CQB games and is UKARA registered.

However CQB isn't my thing and due to other reasons can't get to outdoor games for sometime due to physical reasons (unless I can be rolled around the battlefield!)

but want to get gear and a gun or two ready for when I can

The site does have a firing range though so my question is would attending the range go to being eligible for the UKARA process?

Guest PT247

There is no requirement to use a RIF on a range, an IF would not cause any disadvantage so it would not be a valid defence to be plinking.

However CQB isn't my thing and due to other reasons can't get to outdoor games for sometime due to physical reasons (unless I can be rolled around the battlefield!)

The site does have a firing range though so my question is would attending the range go to being eligible for the UKARA process?

Turn up, pay for a game day, stand at the back, take lots of breaks etc, no one can force you to do anything once they take your money. Plenty of players spend lots of time in the safezones. Set your own pace.

Sacarathe makes a good point, I know a few people who have done exactly that.

Unfortunately, I also know of a couple of places that have let people shoot on site 'range style' for 5 minutes and count it as a game, turn up 3 months later, do the same and they'll register you. I don't agree with it, but there are sites that do it.

The rules are a bit discriminatory against people with disabilities you cant really expect them to play the required games in full. Can't exactly navigate a wheelchair or frame around a woodland site, or even most CQB sites either. So that part of the community is basically barred from obtaining a RIF in the relatively easy maner that most of us have/will.

They can still plink in the backyard with a two-tone I guess if they really want an airsoft gun, geez they could even get an air rifle and shoot that instead with less hassle than getting a RIF.

Even the other defence options are not that disability friendly.

Sounds like the OP, is either going to have to wait till they can amble around a skirmish site under their own power, or play as an AIrsoft Tank\AFV with armour strapped to their wheelchair.

The rules are a bit discriminatory against people with disabilities you cant really expect them to play the required games in full.

Same is true of most governmental prohibitions, whether or not legal means to circumvent exist.

The rules are there to ensure people who play airsoft skirmishes are the ones that end up with RIFs for that purpose. I have 2 sites near me that you can buy a half day for if you can't manage the entire thing. Most sites you can hang around in the safe zone for a large part of it if you want to, there aren't any rules requiring you play and they have already recorded your attendance so if you play a couple of games and then go home its still going to have been recorded. I don't really think people should be doing this in order to get RIFs because that suggests its for other purposes but I don't have a site near me where they would even care enough if you went home early.

What exactly is preventing you from playing?

Back injury....

I have to ask this: if you can't play airsoft until your back gets better, then why do you want an RIF now that you won't even be able to skirmish with? I mean, I understand if you want to have an RIF for when you get back to playing, but it's a bit annoying to try and bypass laws. Sure, the VCRA isn't a great piece of legislature, but airsofters were exempt for a reason, and people doing plinking weren't.

I have to ask this: if you can't play airsoft until your back gets better, then why do you want an RIF now that you won't even be able to skirmish with? I mean, I understand if you want to have an RIF for when you get back to playing, but it's a bit annoying to try and bypass laws. Sure, the VCRA isn't a great piece of legislature, but airsofters were exempt for a reason, and people doing plinking weren't.

Yep, airsofters have no imagination and they made sure the govt knew it.

That's the reason right?

So I can get comfortable with the equipment and then be comfortable with it when I do use it in Skirmishing rather than starting day one as a total noob and taking a brand new gun into the woods unused. When I do my first one I want to be using the gun I will be using going forward, not use a rental for 3 sessions then have to change back again, possibly to a lesser option.

Im now member of an airsoft club and am shooting in a range, its not like Im sitting at home playing with RIF's (obviously as I dont own one yet), Im actively participating in the sport even if for now its just at a range. I have also got a few others interested in the sport through the range so its helping to promoted Airsoft in general so not a bad thing surely.

• Supporters

UKARA is a database of site memberships, if a site is willing to let you be a member you qualify to have your membership number placed on the UKARA database.

The site I'm registered with has only seen me once in the last 18 months, I'm still a member there and I still 'qualify'.

UKARA IS A DATABASE OF MEMBERSHIPS NOT A MEMBERSHIP SCHEME.

"UKARA is a retailers organisation that runs a database of individual players site memberships not a membership scheme."

Fixed for you jcheeseright. ;)

​Your defence is that of an “Airsoft Skirmisher” all the UKARA Database does it make that easier to prove.

Archived