New Guns

AngerGames 666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to purchase a new AEG in the next couple of weeks and wanted to ask some advice.

I'm currently deciding between either a Scorpion or an MP5k. For the scorpion I'm looking at a JG v61, however the reviews that I'm finding online are very mixed. Does anyone here have any experience with one? It's a part metal part plastic mix, and the gearbox seems to be all metal. Is the gun reliable, are there any major problems with it?

For the Mp5k I'm looking at either a JG one or a Cyma, but the reviews are once again mixed. From what I've seen online Cyma seem to be pretty reliable guns for the price, and upgrading them seems to be a possibility too.

I just don't want to spend a load of money on a new toy just to find out it's complete garbage when I get it.

Any advice is much appreciated.

• Supporters

Not to be rude, but why do you want a cheapo AEG when you have an Amoeba? Is this for CQB or something?

Who says he has to just have one gun?

• Supporters

What?

Ignore him, it's probably the time of the month.

It's just another of his pet hates, the Amoebas tend to attract the CoD softers that "want a Honey Badger" despite not actually knowing what one is.

1. I don't have a wife or kids so there is nothing stopping me from getting more guns.

2. The M4 platform is fun, but you need a bit of variety. My current 'shopping list' has about 60+ different guns that I want and will eventually get. This is just a start until I figure out some proper loadouts and do some serious investing. However, I will still want to run these at least a couple of times so don't want to go too cheap and have them break after 1 game.

3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with gold AKs. They are the building blocks of every successful South American dictatorship.

4. More guns because more guns.

• Supporters

1 - everything costs

"Dad - how much does it cost to get married ?"

"Not sure my child - I'm STILL PAYING FOR IT"

2 - agree, but try not to fall into what I call the L85 trap of buying a gun you "think" you want

OK - if you really want something yeah, but choose wisely or avoid buying more guns you "think" you want

(note to self in there somewhere)

3 - have what you like, suppose gold ak's are ok but compliment it with the el bastardo drug cartel loadout if possible

(me personally couldn't give a toss too much on loadout & attention to detail & most of my guns are nigh on boring stock looking)

4 - hindsight is such a wonderful thing, reckon about 3 or 4 main aeg's should do most people but my maths is way way out

ideal amount guns is always going to be 1 or 2 or 3 or more than what you currently own

End of the day, it is just a toy gun - yes a toy gun - you don't HAVE to own loads

It is not Pokemon that you gotta get them all - keep it under control

(says the guy who is attending peew peew rehab)

4 - hindsight is such a wonderful thing, reckon about 3 or 4 main aeg's should do most people but my maths is way way out

ideal amount guns is always going to be 1 or 2 or 3 or more than what you currently own

The ideal amount is definitely 1 more than I have now.

I will get more use out of them than just skirmishing though, the plan is to do some short (very) amateur films for YouTube and the like, so a wide Variety of RIFs will come in handy. Plus I am a collector, started off with Two-Tone now moving onto the proper stuff.

Ignore him, it's probably the time of the month.

It's just another of his pet hates, the Amoebas tend to attract the CoD softers that "want a Honey Badger" despite not actually knowing what one is.

The Amoeba series is considered to be a fantastic AEG, is it not? And guns costing over £200 are not for 'chavvy teenagers'...

• Supporters

The Amoeba series is considered to be a fantastic AEG, is it not? And guns costing over £200 are not for 'chavvy teenagers'...

No its not and yes they are £200 isn't exactly a lot. Being a chav isnt about being a doley anymore its a state of mind thats become part of our culture.

No its not and yes they are £200 isn't exactly a lot. Being a chav isnt about being a doley anymore its a state of mind thats become part of our culture.

Just calm down. The Amoeba gets good ratings, and it looks like a nice gun to use. I don't understand your vendetta against it.

Just calm down. The Amoeba gets good ratings, and it looks like a nice gun to use. I don't understand your vendetta against it.

*Berto sits down with his popcorn and eagerly awaits Triggers reply

• Supporters

Ares were not great, then they brought out the Honey Badger to please COD chavvy players thinking it would be well sick or best gun evvvvarrrr

They are supposed to have got better - tbh bad stuff can't get much worse

(I don't know coz haven't got an Ares so can't really honestly say)

however ChupacabraOutdoor did an amazing DSG one:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/30011-video-1080p-hd-most-silent-airsoft-aeg-ever-ares-amoeba-efcs-dsgpiston-precocking/

BUT - think this is 99.99999% down to his skill and the idea of magnets for the weird electronic malarky inside the plasticy COD gun

We all love/hate different stuff on here - I'm the G&G fanboy/hater depending on model

Doubt if I'd buy an Ares myself - but I have bought a lot worse in the beginning so I can't judge anybody/make too harshly I guess

.......Plus I am a collector, started off with Two-Tone now moving onto the proper stuff.

Yeah - well Iam unique - missus says f*cking odd & deffo got some autistic traits plus a fair amount of qwirkyness too

Anything I get into, starts off mild, then becomes an obsession - some say obsessed turns to possessed even

yup - it can get way way way out of control - there should be a health/wealth warning on most bloke hobbies

• Supporters

I am calm and its not a vendetta.

I also am not basing my opinion on reviews or looks like. I base it on engineering knowledge. I have had a few apart and they are not great. Poor quality internals except the electronics which are ok.

Iffy build quality, worst screechy gearbox I have ever heard was a Honey badger.

As SD said they are improving and the Vz 58 is meant to be good but I haven't had my hands on one yet so can't give opinion either way. Hopefully they continue to improve and we get another consistently good manufacturer.

My whole issue is you can get better for your money and the amoeba guns look awful.

I am sure some owners love theirs but I honestly couldn't recommend them to anybody I know.

• Supporters

I am calm and its not a vendetta.

I also am not basing my opinion on reviews or looks like. I base it on engineering knowledge. I have had a few apart and they are not great. Poor quality internals except the electronics which are ok.

Iffy build quality, worst screechy gearbox I have ever heard was a Honey badger.

As SD said they are improving and the Vz 58 is meant to be good but I haven't had my hands on one yet so can't give opinion either way. Hopefully they continue to improve and we get another consistently good manufacturer.

My whole issue is you can get better for your money and the amoeba guns look awful.

I am sure some owners love theirs but I honestly couldn't recommend them to anybody I know.

So why didn't you just say this in the first place instead?

Archived