What's happened to the Marui Glock series?

Tamberlin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,

After a brief browse online, it seems that no-one stock the Tokyo Marui G17 or G18C anymore. Why is that? I thought they were legendary GBBs.

Redwolf Airsoft (debatably one of the largest stockists of a lot of the Marui range) have no mention of it anywhere on their site, not even an out-of-stock page. They still carry lots of the attachments and accessories, but not either of the actual pistols.

What happened?

A lot of airsoft guns are made in batches. The makers collect orders from worldwide distributors, then make a few hundred in a production run. Suddenly at some point, you will see all the UK dealers advertising they have them in stock again.

This is why it sometimes better to buy your desired gun when you see it and not procrastinate.

Also, UK importers might be waiting for the pound to settle back to where it was a bit before buying. It'll be seriously eating into their profit margins right now.

Certain retailers have already adjusted their prices to compensate, 2 months ago a TM M&P9 went for about £120 new, now they are £140.

Apologies if I'm being thick or asking a daft question or both (I'm fairly new to airsoft) I've been after a tm g17 myself but noticed there was a length and weight difference on some of the models in the the product description of various retailers sites???

• Root Admin

I mean there were some revisions to it (that did change the weight by maybe grammes and the dimensions by nothing at all), but usually it's just retailers being lazy and not properly measuring their stock and/or copy/pasting the stats from something like the WE Glock (which is marginally narrower and heavier).

Also TM do a whole range of Glocks just like the others do, so they do sometimes mix up the G26, G26 Advance, G34 and G17s/G18s from time to time. If you need the dimensions then I'd be happy to get you them from mine, but I can't do weight.

I mean there were some revisions to it (that did change the weight by maybe grammes and the dimensions by nothing at all), but usually it's just retailers being lazy and not properly measuring their stock and/or copy/pasting the stats from something like the WE Glock (which is marginally narrower and heavier).

Also TM do a whole range of Glocks just like the others do, so they do sometimes mix up the G26, G26 Advance, G34 and G17s/G18s from time to time. If you need the dimensions then I'd be happy to get you them from mine, but I can't do weight.

Ah I see makes sense. There was a price difference between fire supports and zeroones g17 Fire supports being cheaper and the shorter length so wasn't sure if they were the same model.

If you could send us the length that would be great thanks for the info

Archived