Motor HELP

wolfman993
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys/girls.

The motor in my WE Katana smells like burning so I'm going to replace it but I don't know what I'm looking for like whats u-18000 mean? and should i buy a high number like u-45000 or low like the u-18000?, will it damage the gearbox?, what a good replacement is?, is there a good name brand?, is there any brands or motors you wouldn't you recommend?.

In short.

• Whats u-"numbers" mean?
  • Whats a good motor?
  • Any bad one to stay away from?
  • Any recommendations?

Thank ahead of time.

• Supporters

U just stands for ultimate in the ASG line of motors.

18000 is the rpm its ASG's super high torque and unless you are using an m160 plus spring totally unnecessary.

The higher the number the faster the motor.

If you go too high on a standard box you will just destroy the box.

Asg motors are some of the best out there but you would probably be better with something like this

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/32163-g-p-m120-motor/#entry250130

Will be fine for what you need and a lot cheaper.

U just stands for ultimate in the ASG line of motors.

18000 is the rpm its ASG's super high torque and unless you are using an m160 plus spring totally unnecessary.

The higher the number the faster the motor.

If you go too high on a standard box you will just destroy the box.

Asg motors are some of the best out there but you would probably be better with something like this

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/32163-g-p-m120-motor/#entry250130

Will be fine for what you need and a lot cheaper.

cool Thanks

Archived