HPA at UA & FFZ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just swung by Fire Support for the first time this week to do my UKARA paperwork and buy the odin speedloader and a few pairs of mesh goggles, and the staff member was telling me HPA is not allowed (including tapped GBB) at these two sites because hpa muzzle power creeping with temperature variation ( :huh:), we didn't talk too much at length about it as he was not responsible for the ban, and said I should ask the sites directly.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, there is a discrepancy on one of the webpages.

http://urbanassault.org.uk/

On one page it says:

Other Site Rules

GAS SMG and GBB Assault Rifles are NOT Allowed
CO2 Guns of any sort are not allowed

Gas Pistols and Sniper rifles are allowed

But on another page it says:

• AEG Max 328 +5% variance (345fps maximum)
  • Sniper Rifle Max 400fps – no firing inside buildings, max 2 standard magazines and full auto disabled (if AEG based) also MUST carry a second weapon for use when people are too close to shoot with sniper rifle.
  • Single Shot GBB 345 fps
  • GBB Assault Rifles Allowed (NOT HPA)
  • GAS SMG and Shotgun allowed
  • CO2 guns NOT allowed
  • Full Auto GBB Pistols 300 fps

I have heard back from the site organisers. They have identified and stated two major health and safety risks associated with HPA. The Bottles themselves (for insurance reasons) and the unreliable chronograph velocities on HPA systems caused by temperature fluctuations - which is a problem because "many" HPA users set their systems so close to the FPS ceiling that any fluctuations render them hot and the costs of policing this is simply not currently feasible.

That has been the rules at UA for as long as I can remember, they did start to allow gbb on the specific milsim days but I believe it got abused on the first couple so the ban came into place very shortly afterwards

That has been the rules at UA for as long as I can remember, they did start to allow gbb on the specific milsim days but I believe it got abused on the first couple so the ban came into place very shortly afterwards

Expecting any effort from them is not going to happen, they are possibly some of the laziest site operators in Cambridgeshire.

GBB are allowed, HPA was allowed then they changed their minds. They are notoriously reticent to change their rules at all.

Archived