jg Ak , auto problem..

Careless
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, its not that old but in a small amount of time the single shot lever in the gearbox snapped off {I replaced that} then the toothed fire selector gear plate that goes over the gearbox knob cracked in half! so again replaced that, The problem I have is on auto after a small burst its like if the motor gets reduced power so cant cycle anymore but sounds like it wants to so it randomly stops shooting , switching to single shot sorts it out , as far as im aware single shot is fine for any period of shooting , im suspecting the toothed selector gear as I remember it not fitting 100% but it was in a jg packet! im guessing quality control is pretty poor with jg , any thoughts on this before I lock it in full auto without the selector gears as a last resort ? thanks..

im fairly certain batterys fine ,but then again could be wrong , it is old but hasn't been used properly so that's not helping but is cranking the motor fast as you would expect , also its not the standard battery that comes with it , its a 9.6 2000mah , the problem happens when on full auto after a random amount of shots could be 20 or 30 ,,, theres no loss in voltage on semi or when it works on full auto, ya know when the batterys going flat this isn't like that , its almost like if the gearbox has jammed up but not , I genuinely belive its a fire selector issue , like if the contacts for full auto isn't fully engaged and then disengages enough that current cant pass through to the motor ?

problem is now fixed, it was due to the 2 piece toothed pin that goes through the gearbox to connect the selector plate to the external selector lever , it needed a decent washer to make the 2pieces tight , the screw from the factory was tight but the head isn't the right shape to secure them properly , so when I selected full auto majority of that movement was actually slack on them gears because they weren't properly tight...

Archived