Help with 144a/duster gas

Petar
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody,

I'm buying Tokyo Marui Samurai Edge M9 GBB pistol and like you know,it's ABS plastic.
I need advice with 144a,or ''duster''.
I would like to know can i use all types and brands that i can find in computer store,or do i need to look for some special dusters?

Please help me,and thank you in advance.

Petar

I would,but unfortunately Tokyo Marui don't recommend using green gas o propane,just dusters.

It may not break with propane,but i don't want to take any chances.

And to be honest,i don't live in UK,i live in Croatia,and temperatures here are very high,so that's another reason for me not to use propane.

• Supporters

I would,but unfortunately Tokyo Marui don't recommend using green gas o propane,just dusters.

It may not break with propane,but i don't want to take any chances.

And to be honest,i don't live in UK,i live in Croatia,and temperatures here are very high,so that's another reason for me not to use propane.

I've used my Marui M9 on propane and it's fine. I'm not entirely sure if Abbey sell 144A gas in Croatia.

I've used my Marui M9 on propane and it's fine. I'm not entirely sure if Abbey sell 144A gas in Croatia.

I looked for that Abbey gas,but here in Croatia,they only sell some sniper predator powerful propane.

I was thinking about something like this(check picture),but I'm not sure does this duster contains 144a?

I was also planning to remove cap from that spray and put adapter which I'm gonna buy from ''airosft inventions''and hopefuly it will work,or at least i hope :)

NEDIMUB400_pdt.jpg

• Supporters

To be honest, I've noticed veeeeery little difference between GG and 144a gas. Last winter I my MP7 was running around 360 with GG and 350-355 with 144a. I also use standard GG over here in the states (where, like you, I am a lot more limited on options for GG types) in my WA pistols, which - like TMs - have polymer slides and recommend 144a gas. My WA is at least 6 years old and has only been run on GG, with no issues so far. And here in Florida it does get just as hot as yall get in Croatia (one of the few European countries I did not get to go to while I lived in the UK, unfortunately), so you probably won't have any issues with GG, but if you want to play it safe, then go for it. I've been told any old duster gas will work fine. One thing to remember is that most types of GG have a small amount of silicon oil mixed into the gas to keep the o-rings and valves lubricated; if you use duster gas you will need to get some silicon oil or grease (honestly you could do with both) and keep your mags maintained well. Have fun! :)

Thanks man,I will then use both green gas and duster :)

I have broken WE Tech Samurai Edge M9 which literally exploded while shooting at high temperature,but that too could be due bad quality of WE guns.

Anyway thanks for help!

• Supporters

It... Should? Not really aware of any GBBs that dont...

I hope it will,i watched youtube vid where Ermac97 who has like 10 different Samurai Edges (TM and WE) said his 1999-2000 edition and 15th anniversary edition TM's doesn't lock after last round.

Anyway,fingers crossed :)

Archived