M4 Short mags mid or low cap. Recommendations?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All,

As I sometimes run in a DMR type role I find the standard type M4 mags a bit long to comfortably shoot in the prone.

So can anyone recommend some good M4 short magazines that work well with heavier BBs, .28s? Low or mid caps are good, but none that need winding please.

Cheers

CBH

Magpul '20 round' Pmag http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/magpul-pts-pmag-20-mid-cap-aeg-magazine-black-m16-type-70rd

I use the 7.62 pmag with .4 bbs, never had an issue. I've used the 5.56 pmags with .3 bbs also without issue, I don't imagaine the 20 rounders having lower tension springs.

Years ago I had some Classic Army 'vietnam' short mags, they were ok, but I've no idea if they are still available. Anyway, since switching to polymer mags, I haven't used metal mags for a long time due to the weight difference, increased tactility. Polymer mags, in my experience, are far more forgiving to drop as well.

All,

As I sometimes run in a DMR type role I find the standard type M4 mags a bit long to comfortably shoot in the prone.

So can anyone recommend some good M4 short magazines that work well with heavier BBs, .28s? Low or mid caps are good, but none that need winding please.

Cheers

CBH

Like this? (UK)

Magpul '20 round' Pmag http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/magpul-pts-pmag-20-mid-cap-aeg-magazine-black-m16-type-70rd

I use the 7.62 pmag with .4 bbs, never had an issue. I've used the 5.56 pmags with .3 bbs also without issue, I don't imagaine the 20 rounders having lower tension springs.

Years ago I had some Classic Army 'vietnam' short mags, they were ok, but I've no idea if they are still available. Anyway, since switching to polymer mags, I haven't used metal mags for a long time due to the weight difference, increased tactility. Polymer mags, in my experience, are far more forgiving to drop as well.

I'm a polymer mag fan myself. I had looked about for the Pmag 20s but they seem to be impossible to find.

Yep, thats the size.

Cheers for the replys.

CBH

Archived