ASG M40A3 Upgrade Advice/Parts Compatibility

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening All,

I wondered if anyone had any experience with upgrading the ASG/VFC M40A3?

I've done some research and for the most part it appears VSR compatible (excluding, hop unit, cylinder head). Ideally I'd be looking at installing these parts:

Action Army Reinforced Sear Set

Action Army Stainless Steel Spring Guide

Action Army Allow Piston

Maple Leaf Bucking if open, Nineball/stock TM bucking if bridged.

Action Army Teflon Cylinder

I've not been able to find out yet if the stock barrel is bridged or not, as I'd be inclined to run a maple leaf bucking if it's open.

As for the feeding system, I read that the run needs to be replaced/reshaped for better feeding, any additional info on that would be great.

Before anyone says just get a VSR 10, I already own VSR's and have built a number of them, but am after something different.

Personally I'm waiting on the TM version being released, supposedly later this year. However it's not clear if it will be fully or partially VSR compatible from what I've read so far.

I did see it was coming, but then it's the wait of months until after market parts come out, before you can get any real use out of the gun.

Archived