travel with air soft gun around Europe including DFDS seaway ferry ?

forumslv
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

this is only my opinion and not fact, im assuming your traveling by car? if its new and still in the box then keep it that way , if not make sure its in a decent gun travel case and not wrapped up in a hoody or displayed where some one will get the wrong idea, I would keep it out of sight and don't tell anyone unless your being searched and also make it so if the case does get opened have the gun displayed in such a way that's its obvious its not real, even if it means partially dismantling it also I would have the receipt on the gun box so its also the first thing anyone see's if it gets opened..your risk and im sure theres no real defined answer to your question its just how individuals along the way will take it if they see it , i.e that police man doesn't know that airsoft guns exist and he might freak out and sh15 the bed , especially with whats going on over there right now....

Will you be passing through any part of germany?

Always declare (if asked) you're in possession of the airsoft gun in circumstances in which it is relevant (at border crossings). Research in advance which countries you intend to pass through (especially germany).

I could of written that different and you misunderstood what I meant ,I meant theres no point in telling people you have an airsoft gun when theres no need too, like I said "unless your being searched"

Specifically with DFDS ferries you should be calling them up to book in any firearm or replica more than 24hrs before your sailing. The process is really simple, you get priority boarding for free, at least from the Dover end, however in theory they say you are limited to only the time you book for. Not that thats ever stopped me with the hour before or after slots like normal.

If you do this you'll need to go through the security check from Dover whether they call you in or not, from the French end they seem to not really care so much. There is every chance that if you travel without notifying them you will be fine, but there's next to no hassle in doing it right.

On the road in europe its as simple as just driving around in the UK. Germany could be an issue with the guns needing to be either super low power or have the proof mark. Weigh up your chance with what you're driving, how you drive, time of day and work out how likely you might be to get stopped and make your own choice. I take all the guns to bits just in case so it's no longer a RiF.

Whatever you do don't make the first thing out of your mouth if you are stopped at the port or wherever be "I've got airsoft guns". No better way to make them on edge and more likely to cause you a problem. Don't lie, but you never have to tell all the details unless its needed.

One guy posted similar post in another forum and he got an answer

"Did you get around to it, and, if so, what were the gun transporting arrangements, as I and a couple of mates, fancy the idea too!

I travel through Europe lots with my RIFs.

I always use DFDS Dunkirk / Dover so I am a bit of an authority on their procedures.

1. Make your booking either on line or by phone. It is cheaper online.
2. Phone up the customer services number with your booking reference and ask for a "code 100" against your booking.
3. Answer questions:

Q.What type of weapons are you carrying?
A. Airsoft replica firearms - they are working models, but look real so need to be booked on as though they are real.

Q. Do you have all the required licences for these weapons
A. They do not require a licence. They are only age restricted for purchase

Q. Will the bolts be removed for transport?
A. Yes (for my GBBRs) or They are electric powered, the batteries will be removed.

Q. How much ammunition will you be carrying?
A. 6000+ rounds **wait for gasp on other end** but they are only plastic balls.

Q. How will the weapons be transported?
A. In a gun case, in the boot of the car, out of public view.

Sorted! It is a 2 minute phone call and it is free to book them on.

4. On arrival at Dover surrender your vehicle for search at the customs bay (with the little owl symbol). Somebody may try to usher you onwards - DO NOT GO ONWARDS - explain you have a code 100 and they will sort you out.

5. Inside the inspection simply lay the gun cases on the table and let the old boys have a look over them. You will need your passport and booking reference.

6. They will then call ahead to the ferry operator and confirm that you have booked the weapons on and send you on your way. DO NOT LEAVE THE INSPECTION BAY UNTIL YOU HAVE A RED STICKER ON YOUR WINDSCREEN. Failure to get the sticker will result in you being turned away from check in and back to the inspection bay.

7. Proceed to check in. You will normally be assigned a lane away from the others.

8. When boarding the ferry you have to put your hazard lights on so the loadies know you are the one with weapons. The used to take your car keys off you for the duration of the crossing. The no longer take your keys so you may no longer have to so the hazard light thing.

I have never been searched coming out of Dunkirk as it is a smaller dock without many of the facilities. I have never done the trip through Calais.

I imagine all ferry operators and indeed the tunnel will have a similar process.

I have another question guys... you have strict rules about airsoft in Scotland and in UK in general.

I am student in Scotland from Europe and while I am in there I would like to play some airsoft, do you have any rules or law that allows me to bring my own gun.. or it have to be registered or downgraded (mine is original as I bought)

Regards

I have another question guys... you have strict rules about airsoft in Scotland and in UK in general.

I am student in Scotland from Europe and while I am in there I would like to play some airsoft, do you have any rules or law that allows me to bring my own gun.. or it have to be registered or downgraded (mine is original as I bought)

Regards

We do, read the pinned threads in the UK Law subforum.

Archived