High velocity

Iceminem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Mate do you think your funny because I'm not actually laughing. I'm f*cked off with the keyboard warrior comments from Kiwi? You are welcome to disagree but no need to be a d*ckhead.

Touchy aren't you?

Right now you are the one coming off as a keyboard warrior as well with all the name calling. I am just taking the p*ss to lighten the mood.

Your horse is so high sometimes you must give yourself a nose bleed getting on the f*cker.

Learn to smile and take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate I'm all for a laugh but don't do being mugged off or called a liar it boils my blood not you by the way Kiwi. Instead of having a sensible conversation you get the sarky shit from some people and it's annoying they think it's acceptable from the safety of their screen.

• Supporters

Mate I'm all for a laugh but don't do being mugged off or called a liar it boils my blood not you by the way Kiwi. Instead of having a sensible conversation you get the sarky sh*t from some people and it's annoying they think it's acceptable from the safety of their screen.

Thats the internet for you.

I actually tone it down on here I am far more blunt in person but don't believe in getting too personal unless its face to face. If you won't say it in person don't say it all and more importantly people need to remember it's a toy gun and not really worth arguing about.

I'm the same mate. And I sometimes doubt they would be exactly the same to your face. I'd rather get on with people but sometimes it's hard.

I said fps was 353 on .2s not that I was getting 70 metres on .2s

The 70 metres is with .3s

Evidence, Evidence, Evidence.

Also, as I said towards the end of the response to your rather aggressive PM, if you don't like being called out on your claims, don't go on internet forums, there will always be someone there with more practical experience than you, even i've encountered this a multitude of times, but if you cannot handle backing some wild claims up with evidence to support it, expect to get grilled over it.

If you'd claimed those results from a TM, people would've passed it as the norm, as they've had nearly a quarter of a century of refinements made into their platforms, but until the M4, tippmann had never produced anything along this vein and thus people who did early testing found that regardless of the combination of components, the performance to be wildly inconsistent, but here you are claiming performance that tops even polarstar's, no one in their right mind is going to take that a face value.

There's plenty of people getting the same range on the Tippmann forum I don't give a toss if you believe me. I sat again you are welcome to come and call me a liar to my face and I'll put you on your arse. Dickhead

Early testing with the standard hop and crap standard barrel you really are a complete and utter bell end. Maybe you should check the Tippmann page out smart arse.

There's plenty of people getting the same range on the Tippmann forum I don't give a toss if you believe me. I sat again you are welcome to come and call me a liar to my face and I'll put you on your arse. d*ckhead

And I would happily meet you and tell you exactly what I said on here, direct to your face. But threatening physical violence over words? Too far.

I said fps was 353 on .2s not that I was getting 70 metres on .2s

The 70 metres is with .3s

And this is why, for certain power sources, you must* chrono with the weight you will use.

Me and my mate have just fitted orga 6.23s we had to remove our flow restrictors to get the fps back up for the widebore now getting 70 metres plus range at 353 fps on .2s.

Until you have checked your FPS with 0.3g, its not at all unreasonable to assume you're mistakenly using an airsoft DMR class weapon. I'll laugh if it turns out your FPS with 0.3g is more than 90% (315) of your FPS with 0.2g.

Fingers crossed you're not creeping like mad. :) :) /sincere.

And this is why you must* chrono with the weight you will use.

*for certain power sources.

I agree but some sites still insist on chrono on .2s it's the first time I've had to chrono with. 2s normally chrono with 3s and they work it out.

• Root Admin

Edit: (Didn't see your post, sorry). If you're cronoing with .3s to check it's not creeping then why are you cronoing on .2s as well? Just wondering.

Like Sacarathe says: Please start cronoing with the weight you intend to use or creep is going to come into play. Especially with the scrutiny HPA gets these days :)

I agree but some sites still insist on chrono on .2s it's the first time I've had to chrono with. 2s normally chrono with 3s and they work it out.

Can I ask, what FPS do you expect to get when you chrono with 0.3s? As Proffrink points out, self policing is the only way even if site operators continue to burry their heads and lalalalala to physics.

It's consistent on hpa doesn't creep at all.

If you're making these kinds of modifications to airsoft guns you really should own a chronograph. You understand that creep [in almost all actual cases] does not refer to the power of the gun's source fluctuating (due to temperature, negligence, or interference) but rather the measured power level at the muzzle changing due to some modification to something else by the user; such as to the ammo?

Edit: (Didn't see your post, sorry). If you're cronoing with .3s to check it's not creeping then why are you cronoing on .2s as well? Just wondering.

Like Sacarathe says: Please start cronoing with the weight you intend to use or creep is going to come into play. Especially with the scrutiny HPA gets these days :)

Where's that really handy thread on joule creep? :P I have sneaking suspicion we're going to need it shortly. No need to be condescending when there's a thread all made up for a 14 yr old.

And I will get a chrono the site will know what the limit will be on a .3 my weapon is consistent on hpa and does not creep each round is consistent on all the chronos I have been on. Think this boils down to a hate of hpa and to be honest I'm done with this forum and the attitudes on it.

• Supporters

There can be 3 explanations:

- You have joule creep. Your gun shoots about 350fps with 0.30 too.

- You measure the distance with guessing.

- You don't have to obey Newtonian physics.

I have tested and built airsoft guns for years, I have a vague idea what they are capable of. I never ever met anyone who claimed results like yours who didn't disappear when asked for evidence. Most of them just overestimated the distance or underestimated what their gun shoots. It's usually not intentional, don't feel bad when you make proper tests.

• Root Admin

And I will get a chrono the site will know what the limit will be on a .3 my weapon is consistent on hpa and does not creep each round is consistent on all the chronos I have been on. Think this boils down to a hate of hpa and to be honest I'm done with this forum and the attitudes on it.

You realise I'm a pretty prolific HPA user too, right? 3 HPA-powered guns so far. Scarathe is also looking to get into buying a Polarstar as far as I'm aware, so this absolutely isn't 'a hate of HPA'. I'm not sure if you'd find many more people on this forum more happy to shill HPA than I am. Maybe you remember this thread? http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/31403-tippmann-m4/?p=244153

This is just the usual concern of someone maybe not properly cronoing your gun and making too many assumptions - I've never known someone with such a wide bore not getting some Joule creep. I'm happy to believe you because I have no reason not too, but please be sure that you're not shooting hot. And do all cronoing on .3s and measure your muzzle energy.

I apologise if this comes of as overly-patronising, but by the way you describe 'creep' I'm thinking you might be confused about what it is. It's not shot-to-shot consistency, it's about changing ammo and having the same volume of air exerting the same amount of its force on a heavier BB and therefore putting out a higher muzzle energy. The wider the bore of your barrel, the more pronounced this tends to be as there's more air needed in the first place to volumise that barrel. HPA is associated with wider bores because it's easier to volumise a wider bore than it is with an AEG, so they're a more common 'upgrade'. As you're running a 6.23 in not-insignificant barrel length, you will be experiencing some Joule creep. It's just a case of bringing that knowledge with you when you crono and not doing it with a lower weight than you intend to use.

I've never known someone with such a wide bore not getting some Joule creep.

This.

Chronoing with each different weight, with the FPS given as what the chrono has said for that weight, but not converted to 0.2 equivalent, i've got confirmed readings on all of these (Anything which isn't listed as below 350 on 0.2's is a semi locked gun, in compliance with my local site's dmr rules) -

Just for reference, on muzzle energy, a 0.2g bb at 350fps outputs 1.13J, and these examples are just some of the 17 GBBR's on green gas, CO2 or HPA that I own which have Orga widebores in them.

WE M4 using 370mm Orga 6.23mm on Green Gas - 420fps on 0.2's (1.63J), 410fps on 0.32's (2.49J)

G&P WOC M4, 363mm Orga 6.23 on Green Gas - 340fps on 0.2's (1.07J), 325fps on 0.32's (1.56J)

GHK G5 Carbine kit, 300mm Orga 6.23 (cut to length from another), Green Gas - 340fps on 0.2's (1.07J), 320fps on 0.32's (1.51J)

KJW KC02 /w VSR barrel converter, 430mm Orga 6.23mm, Green Gas - 400fps on 0.2's (1.48J), 380fps on 0.32's (2.14J)

KJW KC02 /w VSR barrel converter, 430mm Orga 6.23mm, CO2 - 420fps on 0.2's (1.63J), 410fps on 0.32's (2.49J)

KJW KC02 /w VSR barrel converter, 430mm Orga 6.23mm, HPA - 420fps on 0.2's (1.63J), 415fps on 0.32's (2.55J)

Inokatsu M4 363mm Orga 6.23mm, HPA - 345fps on 0.2's (1.1J), 335fps on 0.32's (1.66J)

Just by increasing the weight of my ammo, i had pretty much made some of them dangerously hot, because of joule creep, so yes, it happens, and it doesn't matter what gas based propellant you use, it will happen regardless.

I used this evidence to get my site to get players to chrono their guns using the same ammo they play with, once this happened, quite a few more guns than usual were refused from play, most prevalently from CO2 and HPA users, as most haven't been well enough informed, as my site hadn't been. One HPA user in particular was found to have all of his guns in excess of 2.8J's.

Ben: If you haven't accounted for joule creep in your given FPS, your claimed range is genuinely believable, but then that's because you're potentially running an extremely hot gun.

Archived