High velocity

Iceminem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I'm having problems with my Tippmann m4 6071, the gun is brand new, and I can't get the fps lower than 480fps.

When I remove the velocity screw entirely, the fps is about 320, but the bbs fly all over the place, and the gun is far from consistant, as to be expected.

Can you guys give me some advise, I've replaced the bucking and nub, no difference.

I'm running it completly stock, right out of the box.

Thanks,

Berry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PT247

Hey Berry, isn't there a second adjustment screw to play with as well? I'm sure I've heard folk say they both need tweeking

I don't think so, I know that the hopup can be of influance on the velocity, but I don't know of a second adjustment screw. See if I can find something on that.

Thank you.

Get a flow restrictor from Incentive designs. I've got an Incentive Designs tdc hop unit for sale that works much better than the standard hop unit.

Can recommend the hop up and flow restrictor from ID like Bencupra said. You can also switch to a widebore barrel such as the 6.23mm from orga. This should reduce FPS and increase you're range at the cost of air efficiency.

Me and my mate have just fitted orga 6.23s we had to remove our flow restrictors to get the fps back up for the widebore now getting 70 metres plus range at 353 fps on .2s.

Me and my mate have just fitted orga 6.23s we had to remove our flow restrictors to get the fps back up for the widebore now getting 70 metres plus range at 353 fps on .2s.

Living the dream eh. What hop setup do you have?

Living the dream eh. What hop setup do you have?

Probably not, by the time the BB's have attained that range they'll have something around 10 metres of dispersion, you'd struggle to hit the side of a barn with that.

Probably not, by the time the BB's have attained that range they'll have something around 10 metres of dispersion, you'd struggle to hit the side of a barn with that.

And you know that for a fact do you? As we was still hitting targets?

And you know that for a fact do you? As we was still hitting targets?

Yes, I know that for a fact. I owned one, I fitted the unit sold by ID and found that if anything it made the consistency worse. Hitting a target at 70m would be based more on luck than anything else, I think you're probably working on airsoft maters where 1ft = 1m, though.

Is the hop unit proprietary?

Very much so, Tippmann tried to reinvent the wheel and failed miserably.

I'm not using the ID hop now using another one with flat nub but as yours didn't work it's obviously impossible for others to be better silly me.

I'm not using the ID hop now using another one with flat nub but as yours didn't work it's obviously impossible for others to be better silly me.

You clearly lack the ability to use google, as most people who have bought them have had an absolutely myriad of issues with consistency regarding the hop unit's regardless of whether stock or aftermarket. So I find your claims highly suspect.

You clearly lack the ability to use google, as most people who have bought them have had an absolutely myriad of issues with consistency regarding the hop unit's regardless of whether stock or aftermarket. So I find your claims highly suspect.

I don't give a toss what you do or don't believe I know how ours and a lot of others perform don't imply I'm a liar.

Only one way to settle this.

Handbags at 10 paces.

Or he could just provide tangible evidence of his ludicrous claims.

EDIT:

In fact, another forum user just posted something up that is infinitely more likely - 489fps on 0.2, but using 0.4's getting about 70m range in a mancraft VSR http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/32158-mancraft-system-fully-fitted-and-operational/?p=250948

Bencupra - talking utter bullshit, namely because of the aforementioned combination of a flat nub with a g&g green hop bucking (the one with the extremely pronounced internal mound, well known for being able to lift up to 0.4's with standard nubs, and not working at all well with flat or concave nubs as its more likely to cause jams) on an Orga. Orga's only work well if you know how to tailor the other bits to match, which he clearly doesn't, proven by his choices.

You know Giantkiwi, it's possible Bencupra is making a mistake somewhere in what he is reporting to us, he does not have to be a liar, and there is not need to call him out so readily.. I was doubtful of a .2g bb retaining the energy to reach 70m. But so far he has answered each question given, how about you compose some very specific questions rather than calling him out, which won't allow us to discover whether or not his statements about range are accurate.

Bencupra, you were able to reach 70 metres with a 0.20g BB?

Or he could just provide tangible evidence of his ludicrous claims.

EDIT:

In fact, another forum user just posted something up that is infinitely more likely - 489fps on 0.2, but using 0.4's getting about 70m range in a mancraft VSR http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/32158-mancraft-system-fully-fitted-and-operational/?p=250948

Bencupra - talking utter bullshit, namely because of the aforementioned combination of a flat nub with a g&g green hop bucking (the one with the extremely pronounced internal mound, well known for being able to lift up to 0.4's with standard nubs, and not working at all well with flat or concave nubs as its more likely to cause jams) on an Orga. Orga's only work well if you know how to tailor the other bits to match, which he clearly doesn't, proven by his choices.

Do one you mug I have no reason to lie if you don't believe me to be honest I couldn't give a flying f###.

• Supporters

Do one you mug I have no reason to lie if you don't believe me to be honest I couldn't give a flying f###.

Whats your favourite colour and do you prefer the big heavy ones or the smaller but fast moving clutch style bag?

Just asking so I can see if the wife has got suitable ones for the duel.😉

Mate do you think your funny because I'm not actually laughing. I'm fucked off with the keyboard warrior comments from Kiwi? You are welcome to disagree but no need to be a dickhead.

Archived