Army armament R85A2 HELP

Paul_mc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi two things what is the best hop up to get for this as when a is set at full it dose not look like it is working I have had it out but still on the iner barrel it seams to to up and down but the rubber bit dose not go in to the barrel and 2nd thing thing is when pulling the trigger on single shot it will fire 5 to 7 shots the stop the u have to pull the trigger 2times the it will work again then stop again hope someone can help me

1) Did you put the nub back in the hop between the rubber and the hop arm? If that is missing or very soft that would stop the hop working properly. If the whole hop unit is poor then, from memory, any TM compatible M4 type hop unit should work in the AA L85.

2) The AA L85 was never very good on semi, but it sounds like you may have a missing or broken moving trigger contact return spring. Also the brass trigger contacts do seem to burn out quite badly on the AA L85 for some reason. Of the 3 AA L85s I had they all suffered from this problem, only cured by fitting a wired in mosfet to by-pass the heavy current load on the trigger contacts. That also sorted out the problem of over-spin on semi, eliminating the double shot on semi auto.

If you need spares, any of the G&G L85 spares will fit, as the AA is a direct clone of the G&G.

Archived