Red dot sight issue

caslad81
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, so Ive taken the plunge into the airsoft world after years of shooting. One of the guns I have bought is the G&G R8L with the red dot site. After trying to zero the scope in Im having trouble adjusting it, even at full elevation on the scope and no hop up its shooting about 1.5 ft high at 20 meters, at 5 meters its still 10" high. Any ideas? The BB is at about 45 meters before it drops past the red dot which is too far, Ive tried moving the scope up and down the rail which doesnt work. The gun does have an m100 spring it it, could this be the problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Had a similar problem with a particular T1 sight as well, just would not adjust left enough. Its badly made tat that is the issue unfortunately, a lot of garbage out there for sights despite costing quite a bit of money. My Nuprol Holo for example is garbage, its so brown the colour is extremely problematic on it. So my advice is go buy a sight that isn't airsoft, a cheap brand but real steel sight will be clearer, more accurate and zero much better. The airsoft stuff in my experience is mostly awful.

Ive shot the gun without any sight on and it seems bang on tbh. I may resort to bending the sight bracket up slightly to sort it as I want to use the hop up which makes it worse.

Archived