New player in Leicester

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I am from Leicester i want to join the world of airsoft.

Could you please point me in the right direction of where to start?

Any other tips and extra info would be greatly appreciated:)

If it would be your first time playing, i would reccomend hiring a gun and seeing if you like it.

Or if you want to buy a gun straight up, the G&G combat machine range are good starter guns.

Sites you could play at:

There is "the gaol" in oakham, rutland, which i have seen and heard is a good place to play.

You could also use www.airsoftmap.net/skirmish to find sites in your local area.

Thank you for your reply. Please excuse my severe lack of knowledge. Do I need to phone and book or do I just turn up? I think I would hire equipment first. I want to make sure that I enjoy it and also I would like to own a ukara license as to be honest I really don't want a two tone gun..

Thank you for your reply. Please excuse my severe lack of knowledge. Do I need to phone and book or do I just turn up? I think I would hire equipment first. I want to make sure that I enjoy it and also I would like to own a ukara license as to be honest I really don't want a two tone gun..

You can't buy a UKARA licence*. Each site is different if you want to know whether to book, go to their site and read for yourself.

*They don't exist.

Hi mate I'm Leicester too I used to play at grange farm in desford which is now closed but the maw in Melton is a decent site to go to add their page on Facebook find out the next date and ask to hire a gun for the day (normally about £35 for your walk on fee and gun)

Thank you for your response Josh Cowin, i have added them on Facebook.

Just to let you all know about myself a little bit... I'm 23 years old and a proud father of an 18 month old daughter. I work in an office which bores me to death!

I want a new hobby which i believe is airsoft, running around a shooting other people is my idea of heaven as it gives me the chance to get out of usual family life.

Joining the airsoft world, i'm hoping to make new friends and to meet people that are interested in the same thing.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :) . If you have not already seen the New Player Guides & Info, then they are the best place to start.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

The Beginners Guide to Airsoft - http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

A good starting point would be to type the word "Leicester" into the search box, it will bring up any result with that word. Then read through the threads and see what information there is, that may be of help.

Archived