getting back into it..

Careless
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys , I used to go to games religiously but slowly stopped going just over 15years ago, had my first game since then last week and despite the lack of players and one sided game scenarios I still loved it! forgot how much fun this is!! Cant beat the feeling of getting a decent kill !, even if that kill turns out to be a friendly lol , Anyways back then the go too guns were marui aegs , I see now theres a lot of variety in terms of brands and also GBB AR'S and smg's , These gbb any good? im guessing marui still make decent stuff? cheers...

Welcome back, there is lots of variety and it mainly depends on your budget. If you want an electric rifle Marui still seem to be the benchmark that everyone compares against but recently everyone raves about krytac as the best out of the box rifles.

• Supporters

Welcome.

Yes, Marui is still great but there are many other decent brands now for every budget. The aforementioned krytac is good old gen while Marui is next gen. G&G is a good entry guns and there are many good Chinese brands too that will serve just as good as those.

There are good gas guns but they are still not in par with AEGs in usability. More prone to failures, they need more love and shoot less and with lesser accuracy. Green gas ones that is. But the recoil is great. The best of those is the GHK G5.

There are HPA guns too where you are not limited to small mags and they are on par with the aegs with accuracy but there you have to carry a HPA tank. And they are quite expensive.

If you played 15 years ago then get familiar with the Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA) because you can't just buy a RIF any more freely.

Cheers guys, think i'll give gbb a miss and concentrate on a decent AEG , just had a looksy at krytac , looks like they make decent M4 varients but sadly im more of a G3 & AK person, always loved my old marui mc51 but it lacked a metal body , looks like the g&g fs51 has that covered! also I see classic army has a g3-51 variant too!... .

being from the channel islands were exempt from your vcra so that's one bonus I guess, thanks.. chris

• Supporters

I would forget both of those.

If you like ak style guns this is the best

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/real-sword-type-56-2-p3098

Its the chinese ak variant but its an awesome airsoft gun.

Forget that TM next gen crap as well all they have done is added a weak recoil feature (pointless) and a bolt stop when mag empty (nice). They are still using poor materials on the internals.

• Supporters

To the OP, everyone has there own opinion of all sorts of guns, I highly rate my ares vz58 (with its epic efcs gearbox), but others hate ares from a bad reputation in the past. Some people hate gbbr's, I have not had any issues with mine.

My advice, go along to skirmishes get talking to people and try out a few guns :)

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Hi Careless,

I was in the same boat as you a few months back.

When I stopped playing around 15/16 years ago, the FN P90 hadn't been out that long. Classic Army were the brand for a metal gun and ICS had just made their debut into the market with a few models.

Since coming back, I've used some of my brother's JG guns, and they feel so much nicer nowadays compared to my old creaky XM177, FAMAS and G3 SG1. Build quality has improved so much.

Because of this, don't be put off by the "cheaper" chinese brands.

I've now got a G&G CM16 and its miles better than any gun I had in the past. Makes me wonder what kind of plastic Tokyo Marui had been using all those years ago!

Also, there's lots more cool gadgets than we used to have, and Eye Protection is much better now too (you can get goggles with FANS in them!)

Welcome back, from my own point of view, I didn't realise how much I missed Airsoft, so hopefully you'll realise the same!

cheers, I do like the look of the RS type 56 {Vietnam era} version ! kinda sucks how there discontinued? there svd looks obscene too! ,, I brought a jg ak spetz ages ago but never skirmished with it until last week, its had problems already though, broken the semi auto lever, now full auto is playing up , I am running a 9.6v on it though so that might not be helping,, always wanted a spetz as when I used to play marui made them but only limited edition so you couldn't buy one from new unless you were the one that pre ordered it, Iv still got my mesh goggles with face protection from back then lol , found it a pain to aim down sites on the ak , don't recall having that problem before , also found that with the guns being higher FPS then they used to be its a lot harder to see {trace} where the bb's are going, before you could almost walk your full auto bb line on target if you know what I mean , had an absolute blast with the vsr10 ! had trouble getting kills with the ak over distance through foliage but with the vsr10 you could shoot through small gaps and see the bb travel through the scope to hit, almost felt like cheating lol , cheers..

Archived