WE Beretta 'Samurai Edge'

AngerGames 666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a samurai edge Beretta, the silver version, a while back. I have two mags for it both of which leaked, were fixed, and almost immediately started leaking again...

I was wondering wether there are any other brands that have compatible magazines, Google isn't helping me in this case as it ventures off topic. I don't want to waste any more money on WE magazines if I can help it.

Or, if anyone has any top shelf repair tips they want to share that would be great too. I've used gas tape around the valves and tightened everything up, but that seems to have just made the problems worse.

Thanks in advance.

Have you disassembled the mags to lubricate the O ring around the base? That's where mine leaked and I've managed to repair them successfully. You'll need a punch or some sort to knock out the pins and need to soak the O rings and clean out any gunk around the seal area.

There are videos out there if you're not sure how to do it.

Personally I tend to find better results using a gasket sealant (the one I have had the most success with is RTV Blue) than eflon tape, which I have used to turn amongst other, WE 92FS mags from unusuable to leak free (I tend to store mine with a squirt of gas in them and they have been good for the last 3 months).

I tend to take every valve and screw out, including the small fill valve, clean the o-rings, then replace them, adding a generous smear of sealant directly to the area that the o-ring will sit beforehand so there is a little above (Ie inside the mag) and a slightly larger amount below then screwing them back in, allowing the silicon to smear between the valve/screw and walls of the mag.

Wipe off any excess that has squirted on to the base of the mag, leave for 5mins then add a tiny, literally 0.5 second, burst of gas then leave to cure for atleast 24 hrs (the squirt of gas provides pressure on the internal silicon producimg a better seal. Once cured, fill the mag then, holding at a 45 degree angle with the gas port pointing down, vent the mag in moderate bursts (this removes any silicon that has come loose - somethimg you don't want to end up inside your gun) and then you should be good to go.

Archived