Am I right to be annoyed about this? - Airsoft World

Tamberlin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

2latem8

Ninja'd!

But it bears repeating ;)

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Dude, I worked for one of the bigger UK Independent online games retailers for 2 years, I had to sit through a 6 hour seminar on the regs when these came in, seminar was led by a consumer rights lawyer with 20 years of experience in the field. You are wrong. By returning the goods, correct or not, you are invoking a cancellation as far as the law cares.

So this is the equivalent of someone ordering a PS4 copy of a game and being sent the Xbox One version.

Wouldn't the onus be on the retailer to correct their mistake?

I used to work for the mail-order department at Andertons Music and that would have absolutely been the case if it was our balls up.

Though this is before the regs changed (I didn't know they had until now), so it might be different there now.

I dunno it just seems a bit... Shitty for a retailer to try and duck out of their own balls up?

• Supporters

Hi everyone,

I purchased two GHK G5 magazines from Airsoft world, which arrived yesterday. Now, the page on their website shows a picture of a black G5 magazine, and no colour option of any kind. Because of this, I assumed they'd come as black.

I was wrong. They came in dark tan. Now, I know this is a bit picky, but the mags are damn expensive as it is (my order was £90 in total) and for them to come in a colour which, in my opinion, really doesn't suit the black G5, well, I'm just annoyed.

Is it fair to return them or is it not really worth the hassle?

Regards,

Alfie

As much as we (clearly) like a good frank and open discussion about the ins and outs of the law, has the OP actually contacted the retailer? Are we in fact arguing the toss over a complete irrelevance?

• Root Admin

I think OP has made it clear that he'd like to resolve this though. A short email isn't going to change that. I think the main issue I took with this whole thing was the implication that a retailer will likely just say 'no' to a refund on shipping. I've yet to meet one that's made a legitimate mistake who's not willing to cover P&P (in the UK at least). It's poor PR for the sake of £4 and - as we saw - probably against the law.

• Supporters

I think OP has made it clear that he'd like to resolve this though. A short email isn't going to change that. I think the main issue I took with this whole thing was the implication that a retailer will likely just say 'no' to a refund on shipping. I've yet to meet one that's made a legitimate mistake who's not willing to cover P&P (in the UK at least). It's poor PR for the sake of £4 and - as we saw - probably against the law.

All good points but the original question was whether or not he was right to be upset at getting the wrong colour. He then said that he thought the cost of posting them back would be a lot (which then precipitated the discussion about consumer law). At no point have we actually established if he's even spoken to the retailer (who as you say will most likely want to sort it out anyway).

• Root Admin

Well, my initial point was that even if they weren't obliged to refund him they probably would anyway. I think we answered the question in the first 5 posts, so hopefully he's done just that :D

Never been happier for a thread to be derailed like this though. Some potentially very important legal stuff on this second page (even if we might have all interpreted it wrong).

The airsoft World listings for GHK magazines is crap.... it has a picture of a G5 mag when referencing the M4 mag. It does however clearly state on the G5 mag listing that they are tan or am I missing something?

That's because I told them of their mistake. Anyhow, they're giving me a full refund and paying for the postage.

Archived