Buying from Samoon?

Tamberlin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a G5 and I'd like to order magazines from it. I only have £80 to purchase two magazines, and currently the price of the mags in the UK is about £45 each. I know I'm only a tenner off, but I genuinely have no money coming into me until the start of August, and I really can't wait that long to get them.

How easy is it to get the mags into the UK? Do customs come knocking unless you give Samoon some sort of special message to put in/on the package? How long to they normally take to arrive?

And finally, is this the correct deal for the two magazines that I hear everyone raving about?

https://samoon.com.tw/g5-mag-50off

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a G5 and I'd like to order magazines from it. I only have £80 to purchase two magazines, and currently the price of the mags in the UK is about £45 each. I know I'm only a tenner off, but I genuinely have no money coming into me until the start of August, and I really can't wait that long to get them.

How easy is it to get the mags into the UK? Do customs come knocking unless you give Samoon some sort of special message to put in/on the package? How long to they normally take to arrive?

And finally, is this the correct deal for the two magazines that I hear everyone raving about?

https://samoon.com.tw/g5-mag-50off

Thanks!

$68 for the mags

$39 for shipping

equates to £80.88.

However you need to factor in VAT on top of that, as it will get caught by customs, VAT is £16.18, total price landed into the UK £97.06.

You'll need to look for second hand to get 2 for less than £80.

$68 for the mags

$39 for shipping

equates to £80.88.

However you need to factor in VAT on top of that, as it will get caught by customs, VAT is £16.18, total price landed into the UK £97.06.

You'll need to look for second hand to get 2 for less than £80.

It's fine, I realised that I do have enough in my bank account and I've already ordered two (plus a free patch) from Airsoft World :)

• Root Admin

Kiwi is of course correct. I would say that Samoon did quote a lower value for me when I ordered from them so I wasn't hit very hard at all by VAT - their service was excellent too (they sent me a t-shirt and a free bottle of their silicone oil - which is decent stuff). I bought 6 mags so it worked out pretty economical, but with two I just can't see it being worth the hassle of waiting to save a couple of quid.

That said, if you have no money coming until August I'm not sure if spending what you do have on airsoft is a good idea :S

Kiwi is of course correct. I would say that Samoon did quote a lower value for me when I ordered from them so I wasn't hit very hard at all by VAT - their service was excellent too (they sent me a t-shirt and a free bottle of their silicone oil - which is decent stuff). I bought 6 mags so it worked out pretty economical, but with two I just can't see it being worth the hassle of waiting to save a couple of quid.

That said, if you have no money coming until August I'm not sure if spending what you do have on airsoft is a good idea :S

It's fine, turns out I had a lot more than I thought and I ended up ordering from airsoft world :)

Archived