EBB AR25

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is the modified TM recoil 'lone survivor' with the G&G GR25 front kit as featured in Ai 9/8-9 still the only way to get an AR25 with electronic recoil?

• Supporters

If by AR25 you mean a 7.62mm AR platform... the only options right now are the SCAR-H and the HK417, the Mk12 SPR that Ben Webb built for that article is a replica of a 5.56mm rifle.

There's no AR25 / SR25 electric recoil gun available at the moment, and no realistic way of building one short of having the whole thing custom made.

Thanks bud! I did mean 5.56mm SPR. I had the G&G on my mind when I wrote it.

What I meant to ask was if the rigmarole that Ben went through is still nessasary to build a recoil SPR or whether someone now makes a barrel that will fit in the TM receiver?

APS hybrid gearbox in a G&P SR25 receiver (the one that takes a standard V2 gearbox), or the G&G SR25 receiver. You'd need the corresponding long nozzle.

Edit - just noticed you didn't mean 7.62 after all! Oh well, I'll leave the above info in case it's of interest to someone.

Lol. Thanks anyway!

Will the APS box give you EBB recoil in any TM M4 receiver?!

I could make a recoil 'Axe' SPR then.

So if I want recoil just buy a TM H&K416 and have done with it?! Lol

• Supporters

If you want recoil buy a gbbr. The recoil on a TM is barely noticeable. None of the electric recoil guns actually have much recoil to them it's more of a gimmick.

It's still enough to make most standard aegs feel a hit dissapointing though in my opinion, I much prefer using gbbrs but if I'm using electric I'll always reach for a tm recoil first. Might be a gimmick but it's a nice one to have

Plus, using gas on my pistol is pain in the a** enough! Lol

Dunno if I could mentally take it on my rifle as well!

• Root Admin

HPA then.

Once you start looking for recoil you always end up there anyway. Cut out the two years of putting up with cooldown and expensive gas and consider a proper HPA rig and maybe Daytona Gun or an HPA-tapped GBBR.

Hey Pro!

Do you then not need a permanent line to a backpack tho?

I fired a TM 416 recoil down at AWA and I thought it felt sweet!

I've noticed the TM Navy Seal Recce gun is what I'm after apart from the piccatiny rail. But I'm guessing I could change that out for a Madbull Daniel Defence keymod rail?

Are the barrel nuts on the TM recoils the same?

http://m.redwolfairsoft.com/item_detail/32848-Madbull+Daniel+Defense+Licensed+Modular+Float+Rail+9inch+-+Black

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_M4_M16_Series_Tokyo_Marui_Daniel_Defense_RECCE_Rifle_Recoil_Shock_AEG.htm

• Supporters

I've noticed the TM Navy Seal Recce gun is what I'm after apart from the piccatiny rail. But I'm guessing I could change that out for a Madbull Daniel Defence keymod rail?

Are the barrel nuts on the TM recoils the same?

http://m.redwolfairsoft.com/item_detail/32848-Madbull+Daniel+Defense+Licensed+Modular+Float+Rail+9inch+-+Black

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_M4_M16_Series_Tokyo_Marui_Daniel_Defense_RECCE_Rifle_Recoil_Shock_AEG.htm

One thing to consider with the Recce rifle is it's more expensive than the standard M4s because of the rail, which you'd then be removing. No idea on compatibility though.

And you need a special tool which is not RS size to remove the nut from the recce rifle at the inside of the base of the rail, I have yet to find one for sale anywhere

Spoke with a nice engineer at AirsoftZone and he's given me a solution to my problem.

Tokyo Marui M4 SOPMOD recoil.

Laylax Blank TM recoil lower receiver engraved with Daniel Defence Magwell markings.

10" Madbull Daniel Defence Keymod rail.

Suppressor.

Boo ya!

• Supporters

why would you want Daniel Defense markings on the lower for a SPR?

You want Colt markings, which is what the SOPMOD comes with :-) As for the keymod rail... not sure where you're going with that, especially 10" which is basically CQBR length.

You are both right, in that I'm a wally!

I've replied to and combined two posts! Sorry.

Gave up on the idea of a mk12 recoil as it's ferociously expensive and involved hacking up a lot of good airsoft products.

I then deviated to my other post about DD receivers and realised I can make a pretty darn cool silenced DD recoil custom!

Lol.

It's the donor TM sopmod that's the worst bit. But my incarnation will use the outer original barrel and stock.

Archived