looking for advice

sean85730
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay guys and gals.

I've started looking at various AEGs as a starter rifle in airsoft. One brand keeps coming up markedly cheaper than others, Bulldog. (M4/AK47) how do these perform overall?

I'm looking for something other than M4 ideally. So any suggestions.for a good all rounder? I'm not worried if I have to save a ways to get it :)

Sean

• Supporters

nah - best not.......

sXW2ThH.jpg

this was a blinding little deal but all gone :(

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Two-Tone-Umarex-Tokyo-Soldier-AK47-Beta-Spetsnaz_A1DF46.aspx#.V4p8DtQrKt8

but no no no on bulldog - or krinkov ak or well d68 g36 thingy bollox

trust me you need to up your budget a bit to about £120-ish

or you will very very likely end up with a tarted up plastic gearbox kiddy toy airsoft gun

fine if just plinking in back garden - but won't last, lack the oomph, get your ar$e handed to you as you out ranged on a skirmish site

how come - coz me & many others have been there and done that on the cheap finding out the hard way

95% of the cheaper stuff on BB sites is not great - often $hite

yes some stuff isn't that bad - but you need to know what to buy & most stuff on BB sites is fairly crap for skirmishing

you wanna look at G&G for M4's - maybe ICS

Cyma for AK's - probably the 028 range if looking at full length 47's

JG for G36c's

a few others exist and worth a look but that is what we advise to others to learn from our mistakes

don't give fatty any more money ffs

• Supporters

Up your budget and stay away from any site with bb guns in the name.

There are plenty of guides for new players on here, read and do some research.

If you want cheap check out G&G, Cyma or JG. Also look at second hand sales for a bargain, I might be selling a Sig 552 soon if you can stretch your budget.

Thought that would be the response to bulldog. As I mentioned. I don't mind saving up to stretch the budget (buy cheap buy twice as they say)

Having done some looking, does anyone make a decent G3? Or m14? Also what are the best options around the SA80 type rifles? (sorry for the questions the search function and my phone don't like each other much!) Sean

SA80 wise, definitely not getting a cheap one of those any time soon. As in, I've never seen an actual SA80 airsoft gun (an AEG or GBBR) for less than £280.

Not to be rude, but beggars can't be choosers. It's much better that you focus on performance and internals and durability than looks. I think you might be able to find an M14 for around £200, maybe a tad more. Again, they're quite a bit above your budget. There are some okay G36 AEGs on the market at the moment for near enough to your price range. Check out Patrol Base and Airsoft World and have a browse.

• Supporters

Most people tend to go for M4's - yes way too common I know.....

But easy to pick up & use, mags easy to get hold of

variety of make/model/variations etc.... - G&G do lots of variations

AK47 or 74's for the non-M4 lovers, and they are nice and a force to be reckoned with

me personally the main thing is the fire selector is not quite as easy or ergonomic as M4's

and for mental customisers who like to fit the kitchen sink etc... - not so rail-ful as M4's

G36 - the popular G36c has the folding stock for cqb work, ambi fire select for lefties

very popular hire guns so they are light polymer guns but hold up well to abuse

They are the "normal" or popular starter choices people go for

MP5's and the bigger brother G3 with bigger mags type are ok

But the SA80 or L85's - hmmm there is a cheaper Army Armament R85 china clone of G&G's one

but I'm going get lynched a bit but these are the sort of guns that people think they want but often sell on going back to other more run of the mill guns

AUG M14's & others are ok but "maybe" first gun might be best suited to the common popular 3 models listed

Please read up on the guides section - 2 are in my sig coz we have been down this road loads n loads n loads

To any other owners of guns listed or not listed - this is just my own personal opinion for people considering buying their first starter gun

Yes it is nice to have something a bit different or unique, just saying maybe stick with a popular model first time

If considering something a little different then please research various reviews & what/how easy stuff like mags & spares are to get hold of

Alas - once you get hooked you will have to most likely end up buying another & another & another until you either have no money left or run out hiding places from the wife

Cheers for the input lads :)

I've done some browsing and decided the G&G AK47 looks about right.

Thank you all for the help!

Sean

Archived