How many players on average

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering where do you play and on average how many people turn up I know it differs event to event but my last game 12 people turned up, it was the day after a England game just curious as I feel when there's more people it feels a better experiance more so in woodland games

Just wondering where do you play and on average how many people turn up I know it differs event to event but my last game 12 people turned up, it was the day after a England game just curious as I feel when there's more people it feels a better experiance more so in woodland games

About 88% of capacity at the mall (100).

At Bunker 51, 100% of capacity, but that capacity is 500% over sanity (40 people). Bunker 51 fits into the mall at least 10 times. /endrant

I feel its proportionate to space, just look at popular round based shooters, too many people = getting shot too much.

In airsoft you can always have too many people, you can never have too few.

Bristol airsoft goes between 12-40 usually depending on rental numbers. I would say often its gets a bit too crazy when you get more than 10 v 10 on that site.

Guest PT247

Dogtag has recently had almost 200 players regularly attending. I prefer the rainey days though as less folk turn up making for more tactical games.

It varies.

As others have said, some sites have a hundred plus players and some a lot less.

Its more about density so its number of players versus area.

I play milsims and we cap at 50, simply because everybody gets tasks and involved in the story/game. Its a bit difficult to do that with more than 50 in any detail.

I remember playing on a 120 acre site with this number and its eerie on patrol, knowing theres 25 players out there trying to "kill" you.

Not a target rich environment and not a blatfest but it makes the hunt so much more worthwhile.

Walking through woodland for ten or fifteen minutes before seeing the enemy and springing a snap ambush or hearing a technical with a 50 cal coming along the track.

Its a different/alternative game to a classic skirmish, but the numbers arent too important.

• Supporters

Usually around 100ish here in the states, maybe 50-60 for night games, and up to around 1500 for events (rare occasions).

• Supporters

As said varies greatly, at iron sight I only do night games where it's generally around 20 max but it's a small site so works out, too busy on Sundays for the site now in my opinion where they can get up to 40 or so.

Same with combat south evenings, normally 20-30 or so, days can be a lot more but varies. Low turnouts aren't bad if the site works with small numbers, maybe ask the marshals to limit the areas used?

Just luck of the draw normally.

About 88% of capacity at the mall (100).

At Bunker 51, 100% of capacity, but that capacity is 500% over sanity (40 people). Bunker 51 fits into the mall at least 10 times. /endrant

I feel its proportionate to space, just look at popular round based shooters, too many people = getting shot too much.

In airsoft you can always have too many people, you can never have too few.

Only 88% at the Mall? I thought the Mall was considered to be one the best sites in Europe? And 40 people at Bunker 51 is stupid! I would've thought between 8-10 a side would be optimum, not 20! How can even make that work? Or can you not? :D

• Moderators

Doug can correct me more on this as he'll know more but games at Tuddenham are usually busier on the Sunday from when ive seen on the websites pics, usually more than twice as much, 40+, seems to work ok. Milsims probably the same, if not more on odd occasions. Played a work game where there was 12, was good fun but i think a few more would have been good, still had fun which is what its about :)

Urban Assault, haven't been since Feb but I think around 70ish, again a nice number but a very big site, can often wonder around with no action at times if your unlucky :)

Only 88% at the Mall? I thought the Mall was considered to be one the best sites in Europe? And 40 people at Bunker 51 is stupid! I would've thought between 8-10 a side would be optimum, not 20! How can even make that work? Or can you not? :D

I'm not there every week, in fact, only about 1.5x month until 2 months ago, they have 100 spaces and take 80 bookings, generally ive only seen it full twice, and three times between 60 and 80.

Archived