Did I do wrong?

Bloodless2010
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so I recently got my UKARA approved and purchased a WE Dragon 5.1 Hi Cappa, as usual, I do some backyard 'plinking', to test it a little bit before my next game, nice and all, shoots well yadda yadda.. My neighbours dog begin to bark, so I decide to head back inside and discharge the gas and bbs from the magazine and restore my RIF to a safe place, I go back out to get my practice target and my neighbour asked me if I was shooting a gun, I explained it was an airsoft gun and how they work etc and that it wasn't real to clear any confusion straight up, and I asked if any BBs had entered her property (which I'm sure none had - she also said no) she then proceeded to ask me not to do it because it upset her dog. This question may not be in regards to airsoft laws but I'm wondering what would happen if I would be to continue doing it and it upset her dog, It was on my property, and no bb's left the premises, and I have a valid UKARA,

Cheers.

• Root Admin

The biggest mistake here was buying a WE Hi-Crappa.

But no, you didn't do anything wrong. UKARA makes no difference here as it covers the point of sale and not ownership (owning airsoft guns is completely fine, as it using them on private property). Tell her it's a 'BB gun' in the future - people understand the innocence of that better than 'airsoft gun'.

• Supporters

Heck. Say a bb replica. That's what I would do. But it's your gun, in your yard. You could ramp up a full auto GBBR and Fire it until it explodes and there's not really anything your neighbors could do.

Heck. Say a bb replica. That's what I would do. But it's your gun, in your yard. You could ramp up a full auto GBBR and Fire it until it explodes and there's not really anything your neighbors could do.

Noise complaints are a thing! Even over here.

Noise complaints are only really going to be effective when done outside of the normal waking hours (anything past 9pm at night through to 7am) according to the law. Persistent day time noise can be a concern for the local council but occasional airsoft gun use isn't going to be sufficient to get the law involved.

The question is really what the neighbour will do. Do you really want to go to war with your neighbour over an airsoft pistol in your backyard?

• Supporters

You have to tread a little carefully and be a little considerate is the correct answer.....

Try to keep it to a minimum at "normal" hours of the day etc....

Try to explain you was merely testing a bb gun or effectively a toy replica gun for a little while

You may have a bitch living next door so you have to try to work peacefully with all your local residents if possible

Try to assure her nicely through gritted teeth I'm sorry it upset your f*cking dog but your dog was making more f*cking noise than my plinking, but to top that that old bitch was annoying you the most - ergh no maybe not quite so truthful

if all else fails - bollocks, schools out, oiky kids & chavvy adults get together for 6 weeks of BBQ's

through in a few MK5's for entertainment - keep music level moderate but enough to annoy her all summer long with screaming kids playing water fights, kick loads of £1 footballs over her fence - f*ck 'em keep them you old bat.......

OK not as mental as that but - jeez some people, I mean we all have to tolerate people - give n take

but we all need to keep it in balance and respect both ways.....

Other options - open a creche or day nursery - bring round half a dozen dogs - when one barks jeez they will all kick off

then blame her dog for setting off your dogs in the first place - its their bark against yours so to speak

peace - if possible x x x

Noise complaints are only really going to be effective when done outside of the normal waking hours (anything past 9pm at night through to 7am) according to the law. Persistent day time noise can be a concern for the local council but occasional airsoft gun use isn't going to be sufficient to get the law involved.

The question is really what the neighbour will do. Do you really want to go to war with your neighbour over an airsoft pistol in your backyard?

Of course not, I was just responding to the guy above. :) Someone complaining, and action being taken are two entirely different events.

You have to tread a little carefully and be a little considerate is the correct answer.....

Try to explain you was merely testing a bb gun or effectively a toy replica gun for a little while

You may have a bitch living next door so you have to try to work peacefully with all your local residents if possible

Try to assure her nicely through gritted teeth I'm sorry it upset your f*cking dog but your dog was making more f*cking noise than my plinking, but to top that that old bitch was annoying you the most - ergh no maybe not quite so truthful

if all else fails - bollocks, schools out, oiky kids & chavvy adults get together for 6 weeks of BBQ's

through in a few MK5's for entertainment - keep music level moderate but enough to annoy her all summer long with screaming kids playing water fights, kick loads of £1 footballs over her fence - f*ck 'em keep them you old bat.......

OK not as mental as that but - jeez some people, I mean we all have to tolerate people - give n take

Other options - open a creche or day nursery - bring round half a dozen dogs - when one barks jeez they will all kick off

then blame her dog for setting off your dogs in the first place - its their bark against yours so to speak

U mad? £1 for a football?

It was normal hours, (around 5pm ish or so), and yes I do have a bit of a whiny neighbour next door, my concern was more of her complaining about the noise or upsetting her dogs, I apologised to her at the time and just wanted to ensure her that it wasn't real. Cheers everyone for the replies.

Guest PT247

The moment one single BB enters her property you are breaking the law so be warned that even a ricochet counts on that issue. If you wish to keep shooting in your own garden (assuming not rented) then do everything you can to stop any BBs leaving your garden and maybe only use it when they are indoors along with their dog..... would you be able to forgive yourself if you hit her dog by accident?

• Supporters

I have a dog that is scared by the noise my guns make especially the GBB pistols so I can understand where she's coming from. While yes, I agree that as long as you don't break the law, it's your garden so you can do what you want but just remember that these are the people you live next door to. If you piss them off you're just making life difficult for yourself.

I do think you did the right thing in apologising and making sure none of the BBs landed up in her property but now having been told that it's upsetting her dog I'd say just be considerate and check that she's not outside when you want to pop off a few rounds...

I do think you did the right thing in apologising and making sure none of the BBs landed up in her property but now having been told that it's upsetting her dog I'd say just be considerate and check that she's not outside when you want to pop off a few rounds...

The dog or the neighbour. Naturally an upset dog is not upset when no one is around to see the upset dog is upset. :D

Archived