G&P Help

Mikey30
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Everyone,

I need some technical advice please, i have a G&P M4 RAS 2. I've come to use it this week only to find that it wont fire. No noise, no heat no nothing. I also have a TM G36c so i tried the battery and it works fine.

So on to the next step, i wanted to check that the motor was ok. So i removed the motor and actually used the power cables from the G36C to test the motor and again that worked perfectly fine.

I now have the M4 strips down to the gearbox to check the wiring, it too seems ok for what i can see outside the gearbox

So now im left scratching my head as to why when the components are together they wont work.

Can anyone give me any suggestions of what to look for next?

Many thanks

I dont think mine has a fuse, My G36c used to have a fuse until it was modified however i cant see any fuse on the M4 wiring

Unfortunately no volt meter so that will be my next step to borrow one

Thanks for the heads up on the snapped wiring. Its something i didnt think of, i assume that if the cable looks ok on the outside then it must be on the inside

Like ImTriggerHappy said. It's probably corroded trigger contacts or a break in a wire/connector.

Generally, if an aeg doesn't do anything, it's an electrical issue. You've ruled out the motor and battery, so odds are it's the wiring. Does your aeg have connectors just outside the gearbox? Sometimes they are there to make disassembly easier, I've seen these come undone before but the plastic shroud disguises the break.

Archived