What's better for general use? GHK G5 vs Kel-Tec PLR16-L!

Tamberlin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering: for general usage (mostly open urban situations, open fields, and woodland games, with a fair bit of CQB in mind too), what is the better gun between the two?

I feel like the G5 just seems to be infinitely more popular, more customisation options, a better look, and better gas consumption too, but the PLR16-L seems to be deadly accurate, especially when used in semi-auto.

Bear in mind, the PLR16-L is the same as the PLR16, but with a stock installed onto it already.

The PLR16 is also a fair amount cheaper than the G5 (about £45 less in fact).

I was planning on getting the G5, and after a while adding the carbine kit onto it, making it more suitable for woodland use.

Here are links to the two guns:

https://www.airsoftworld.net/socom-gear-kel-tec-licensed-plr16-l.html

https://www.airsoftworld.net/ghk-g5-gbb-airsoft-rifle.html

• Supporters

WE GBBRs also do not have great reviews... My tech people are constantly telling me about how often they have people bring their WE GBBRs in for failed parts. I'd go for the G5 as well (I want to get one as well ;-; ).

I had my full-steel WE AK internals fall apart after a few magazines a few years back.. :rolleyes: Definitely go for the G5, or a Tippmann.

Wow, that sucks! I'm definitely going for the G5. I'd love a Tippmann HPA, but they're well over £100 more than the the other two

• Supporters

Wow, that sucks! I'm definitely going for the G5. I'd love a Tippmann HPA, but they're well over £100 more than the the other two

Yeah, just bad luck I suppose. With the Tippmann, you can use AEG magazines if you line it with a HPA rig, or Co2 magazines without the HPA rig.. PT247 HPA'd his G5 with a high-cap magazine, something else to consider.. :)

• Supporters

Yeah, just bad luck I suppose. With the Tippmann, you can use AEG magazines if you line it with a HPA rig, or Co2 magazines without the HPA rig.. PT247 HPA'd his G5 with a high-cap magazine, something else to consider.. :)

And I'm HPAing my MP7 :) it can be done to practically anything nowadays

There's a guy who makes a 2000-round HPA drum mag for the G5 ;)

Somewhere down the line, I'll be getting that!

• Supporters

There's a guy who makes a 2000-round HPA drum mag for the G5 ;)

Somewhere down the line, I'll be getting that!

Reaper Airsoft Customs on FB; thats who's tapping my MP7 mag :)

Yah, he tapped 4 of my MP7 mags and did an MP7 drum for me too. Excellent work.

http://reaperairsoftcustoms.com/

Reaper Airsoft Customs on FB; thats who's tapping my MP7 mag :)

Great to hear about good experiences with him! There's not much info about him online, and he seems to be a fairly new, work-from-home kinda guy, so I wasn't 100% sure on handing over £150, but now, I'm set! On a side note, how heavy are the canisters (on average) you need to use to power something like the 2000 round HPA drum mag? And will all sites allow such a thing, especially CQB sites?

probably I was using .20, some one later told me to use .43 with it? I had sold it by then

Lol, wut?

Everyone uses .20 or .28 (occasionally) with the G5, as do most guns in airsoft. I've never, ever heard of someone using a .43, I didn't even know it existed, let alone heard of someone saying that the G5 needs them specifically...

• Supporters

Lol, wut?

Everyone uses .20 or .28 (occasionally) with the G5, as do most guns in airsoft. I've never, ever heard of someone using a .43, I didn't even know it existed, let alone heard of someone saying that the G5 needs them specifically...

It's reallymonly used in bolties. Too heavy to use in anything else.

Archived