using a normal belt to attach molle pouches

Connieboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so I have my first gun,and I'm playing regularly at a local site, my next step is a small belt loadout, I was looking at a molle belt but i think they seem quite bulky and I was wondering if I could just attach molle pouches to a normal belt that I wear on my trousers to keep the load small and light, I'm only wanting to add a 3 mag pouch and a dump pouch to it

thanks

Conrad

The Loops on a Molle compatible item are smaller than most belts but it could be done with a narrow belt.

Yes...

I have been running black tac belt (el cheapo) with molle pouches on for some time. I have a pistol pouch, MP5 or M4 depending on my primary a dump pouch and a drop leg pistol holster attached.

Its not ideal but it does work. The pouches do slide around (not so much whilst its on) and when you take it off if your clumsy like me they will all slide off completely :huh:

Also watch out for them being a bit too loose.

As my belt is quite wide I cannot fit it through a gap in the molle system, I miss the first two on the pouch and feed it under the rest but its not a perfect fit, some of my pouches the gap at the top is much wider then the belt so they bounce a bit and if the poppers come loose it can bounce off the belt if not secure, i suppose its hit and miss with the belt types.

As a start it will work for you, but I now want a proper molle battle belt, so I can A) look tacticool :ph34r:B) and B) stop the bastid things falling off and to be more comfortable.

The Loops on a Molle compatible item are smaller than most belts but it could be done with a narrow belt.

I haven't yet found an item I could not attach to a belt. As for secure and stable, that's another thing.

I haven't yet found an item I could not attach to a belt. As for secure and stable, that's another thing.

I have a dump pouch that is a real struggle to get the poppers fastened round a normal belt. Think it could be make dependant

• Supporters

The normal belt doesn't hold it in place. They would slide around it and also up and down when you pull something out of the pouch.

Also the weight of the items in the pouches might be uncomfortable to wear on a belt. A molle belt is padded to support the weight.

• Supporters

Depends on the pouches, if the PALS webbing on the back of the pouch is only every other row then it's a pain, if you've got full coverage on the back then it's doable by tucking the molle 'tail' into the third row and popping/tucking/etc it at the bottom which pretty much makes a belt loop.

they'll have very little side to side stability as individual pouches though unless you put a belt loop in between the molle columns, that'll keep it in place horizontally.

Failing that; http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/IA-CT-Team-Operators-Belt.html - you can attach all the pouches you want to that belt and it's super low profile.

Archived